Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

Returns to Congress

8/1/2011 4:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0801_giffords_AP_bn
Nearly 6 months after she was shot in the head, Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords WALKED into the House of Representatives in D.C. today ... to a standing ovation.

Giffords made the appearance to personally cast her vote in favor of the debt ceiling bill.

FYI -- it passed. Hooray America.

See also

More Today in TMZ History

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Sapphiegirl

While her recovery has been amazing, and it is fabulous that she is thumbing her nose at her attacker by surviving, I find it a travesty that the Democratic party (of which I am a member) is exploiting her all so they can have 1 more no vote against the budget bill. Who's to even say that she even knows what she is voting no to and it is a great injustice to the people of Arizona not to have representation just because they don't want to giver her seat away to someone else. Seriously when Reagan was shot, Brady was also shot in the head and could not keep his government job because her could NOT perform the duties of his post. Wake up Arizona, you need someone to represent you, not someone who votes as Nancy P asks them to vote. Where does she find time to read and comprehend bills up for vote in Congress when she is in physical therapy for most of the day?

Robert Tilearcio

I'am so glad to see REP.Gabrielle Gilfords Back where she belongs.GOD BLESS AMERICA +++ Keep up the good work GABBY.

juju

Just as the tea ba**gers were willing to bring down our economy to get their way, the teaba**gers on this site are ignorant and hateful in their comments.

Gabby Giffords return to congress was nice to see. It certainly shouldn't make people write such hateful things or wish her dead. I hope you don't consider yourselves Christians, I don't think God/ Jesus would talk like that.

Oh and BTW, Christina Taylor Greene was memorialized at the baseball All Star game last month. So their ARE other victims being remembered.

I think of the debt ceiling crisis like the biblical story about King Solomon and the baby with two mothers. The TeaParty was willing to cut the baby in half(bring down our country) and Obama was willing to give in and let the baby live. Didn't much like it, but it had to be done.

Republicans will pay for their stupidity in 2012. They would rather shelter the wealthy(because they get their funding from them) than protect the elderly and children.

Just who ARE the real Christians here??
WWJD???

kelly

What an inspiration. A politician, who does the job she wasy elected to do, despite tremendous adversity. She is someone others should in Washington should take notice of. Stop your posturing and do what we elected you to do!! Stop playing games.

Missy

God bless that poor woman. She'll probably never be the same again, but I hope her remarkable recovery continues.

Serotonin

In My opion. Dammmmit If I Where Jared I Would Have Made Sure This Bitch Would Have Died

gale hethcoat

I want you to know that Gabby Gifford is my daughter, Krystal’s inspiration. She was shot in the head 10/18/2012 during a home invasion. Her son, Andre was also shot and died from his injuries. The doctors said Krystal would be paralyzed on the left side. She watched your story and it has given her hope. As to date, she is walking with a 4 prong cane. Her left arm might not come back but she is receiving botox for the nerve endings this coming week.

gale hethcoat

I want you to know that Gabby is my daughter, Krystal’s inspiration. She was shot in the head 10/18/2012 during a home invasion. Her son, Andre was also shot and died from his injuries. The doctors said Krystal would be paralyzed on the left side. She watched your story and it has given her hope. As to date, she is walking with a 4 prong cane. Her left arm might not come back but she is receiving botox for the nerve endings this coming week.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6