MTV Star Threatens 'Entourage'

I'm The REAL Johnny Bananas!

8/1/2011 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0801-johnny-bananas-myspace-3-EX

An MTV reality star is threatening to sue the people behind "Entourage" -- claiming the show stole his nickname, "Johnny Bananas" ... and used it to fuel a storyline without his permission.

In case you gave up on "Entourage" ... Johnny Drama recently agreed to be the voice of an animated TV show called "Johnny's Bananas" ... in which the characters are all apes, gorillas, and other primates (above right, below right).

0801-johnny-bananas-vid2
Problem is, former "Real World" star Johnny Devenanzio (pictured above left) says he's been going by the name "Johnny Bananas" on various MTV shows since 2006 ... and claims he owns the rights to the name.

Now, Johnny Bananas -- the human -- got himself a lawyer ... who fired off a cease and desist letter to HBO, the network behind "Entourage."

In the letter, Johnny's attorney Stephanie Ovadia writes, "If you do not cease and desist ... you leave us little option but to seek judicial intervention."

Johnny tells TMZ he believes the name controversy is "in no way coincidental and is instead an attempt to capitalize on the name recognition which I'm solely responsible for creating."

He adds, "I intend to fight vigorously in defense of the years of hard work and dedication I've spent making Johnny Bananas a household name, and the purpose of this lawsuit is aimed at protecting the integrity of my brand."

UPDATE: A spokesperson for HBO tells TMZ the folks at "Entourage" have not received "any correspondence regarding this matter."

hahahha

People still watch entourage? Is it still a soap opera about E and Turtle getting their feelings hurt by girls? Show jumped the shark years ago.

fifi

Ha, ha, ha! "Household name"!!! Ha, ha, ha! Who??!! From where??

Robert

File this one under "bananas".

Kevin

Looks more like SINBAD to me!

ryan

Household name ? THIS CLOWN ? THis is why i hate reality tv ... i hope they can use the entire country as evidence against his case ...

Lucy Mouse Head

Yes, guy is a tool. That said, Entourage should have gone away about two years ago. Show is played out.Unwatchable this season.

John V

This loser from Real World was almost relevant for about 5 minutes 6-7 years ago. I'm sure the writers at Entourage don't even know this douche bag exists. Good luck Johnny Bananas. I hear they need help @ the ape house @ the Lincoln Park Zoo here in Chicago.

The Wraith

Johnny who? That is so laughable, you are a joke along with all you other no-lister nothings that actually anyone beside a 14 year old girl watches MTV or any of this crap anymore. I will not even tell you to fade away quietly because you have nothing to fade away. This has got to be a joke- I hope ENTOURAGE laughs at this guy and says "bring-it you jackass"

Levi

The show is called JOHNNY'S BANANAS, implying that the monkey named Johnny is bananas.

Anya

oh dude - you're going to feel doubly stupid when you lose.

lump

who is this ******* guy

Warren

Is he gay?

Lisa-Centereach

Say jackass. Johnny Banana's has been around since way back in the day. Mob uses it all the time. Are you going to sue them? Get over yourself.

Matt Kappy

where was this toolbag when they first talked about and showed jonnys bananas in the last season of entourage which i think was 2 summers ago SMH

The Wraith

I called myself Johnny Bananas in 2005, so this douchebag is infringing on my name. So, Entourage you have my full consent to use my name- this guys is just looking to get on TMZ or elsewhere for 3 minutes but he needs to go to one of these islands and never come back. Who would miss this guy, its like meeting a taxi cab driver- do you really care or remember? "Johnny Bananas" (MTV VERSION) hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU, Sir...are irrelevant!