MTV Star Threatens 'Entourage'

I'm The REAL Johnny Bananas!

8/1/2011 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0801-johnny-bananas-myspace-3-EX

An MTV reality star is threatening to sue the people behind "Entourage" -- claiming the show stole his nickname, "Johnny Bananas" ... and used it to fuel a storyline without his permission.

In case you gave up on "Entourage" ... Johnny Drama recently agreed to be the voice of an animated TV show called "Johnny's Bananas" ... in which the characters are all apes, gorillas, and other primates (above right, below right).

0801-johnny-bananas-vid2
Problem is, former "Real World" star Johnny Devenanzio (pictured above left) says he's been going by the name "Johnny Bananas" on various MTV shows since 2006 ... and claims he owns the rights to the name.

Now, Johnny Bananas -- the human -- got himself a lawyer ... who fired off a cease and desist letter to HBO, the network behind "Entourage."

In the letter, Johnny's attorney Stephanie Ovadia writes, "If you do not cease and desist ... you leave us little option but to seek judicial intervention."

Johnny tells TMZ he believes the name controversy is "in no way coincidental and is instead an attempt to capitalize on the name recognition which I'm solely responsible for creating."

He adds, "I intend to fight vigorously in defense of the years of hard work and dedication I've spent making Johnny Bananas a household name, and the purpose of this lawsuit is aimed at protecting the integrity of my brand."

UPDATE: A spokesperson for HBO tells TMZ the folks at "Entourage" have not received "any correspondence regarding this matter."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

alicia

Wow this guy is bananas!! lol is he serious " household name " umm yeah right. lml

Mike

Why wasn't this cease and desist letter fired off last summer when the story arc started?

B

I watched real world for years and sad thing is I DONT EVEN REMEMBER THIS GUY MUCH AT ALL. All he wants if his 10 seconds of fame to last as long as he can and if he has to sue someone just to stay in spotlight he will... what a loser.... YOUR how old now? Move on from your JOHNNY BANANNA Days

ManiacalZebra

Household name? I've never heard of him. I guess he still has a lot of work to do.

novart

Never heard of this dumbass

kylie

I've never heard of Johnny Bananas, and unless he did his due diligence and put some kind of legal claim to the name before entourage used it, he should consider himself luck he got some free publicity.

spearit

I have never heard of this tool. Just because he was on MTV he thinks he's famous. What a fool.

Jelloshots408

Just bcuz some of you havent heard of Johnny Bananas, trust me, he has a STRONG and LOYAL fan base. Its not right that some lazy writer at HBO decided to rip off his name and try to take away from his earning rights. I totally support JB on this one

Leslie

Sorry Johnny, you're never going to be a household name. Get over yourself.

ca

I know that johnny bananas is johnny drama aka kevin dillion from entourage...not from your stupid ass mtv real world. They can't capitalize off of you if teens aren't even old enough to subscribe to HBO with out daddy's permission.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8