Kings of Leon

WE'RE CANCELLING

OUR U.S. TOUR

8/1/2011 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kings of Leon Cancel Tour
The Kings of Leon are pulling the plug on the rest of their U.S. tour -- due to health issues affecting lead singer Caleb Followill ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the band released a statement saying, "We are so sorry to say Kings of Leon are canceling their entire US tour due to Caleb Followill suffering from vocal issues and exhaustion."

The statement continues, "The band is devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break.  Unfortunately, the US dates cannot be rescheduled due to the band's international tour schedule."

The rep tells us tickets will be refunded -- and the band will resume touring in Canada on September 28th.

0801_KOL_singer_small_launch_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Lady Luck

Never heard of hese guys..looked them up on the top 100 and didnt even see there name. Must not be all that good....

Jenn

This sucks for the fans but really, if the band is having issues, let them take a break in peace. Clearly there are some internal problems that need to be worked out, and I think it'd be better for everyone if they worked them out in private instead of giving ****ty performances. I really like Kings of Leon, and say what you will but I think they're a pretty good band. Do I think they're the best? No, I don't. However I appreciate the music they've put so much effort into making. And for all of you posting about how horrible they are, do me a favor, go try writing some music and see how many platinum records you make.

Artrlauren

He's the band's biggest liability. Can you imagine how much better they'd sound with say, Scott Weiland?

Roland McDoogle

Their publicist blew it by throwing "Exhaustion" in there.
It sounded legit up until that word.
Now we know he's just probably just coked/heroined out of his mind

Jenn

Not only did they cancel the tour, but they're making up reasons? Check out this article I read about the whole situation http://www.ourstage.com/blog/2011/8/9/kings-of-leon-royally-screw-over-their-fans

Randy

Yeah, I snorted too much "exhaustion" once too.

P

They blow anyway.

travis carrasco

sucks to suck kings of leon.i would like my money back for wasting my time and Gas.

caitlin

Are you all nuts?? A touring band spends everynight in a different hotel room, traveling late at night and early in the morning! If someone lives in a castle like a king/queen it doesn't mean they are able to run a marathon everyday. These guys work everyday for months- 80 hrs a week!! Think before you judge, you know nothing spoiled troglodytes.

Vianka82

Oh man,this kinda breaks my heart! im a southern black girl,and our music has gone to hell,so i decided to try other types of music.I ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE WITH THESE GUYS!!! I've been a fan for abt 3 months,but ive consumed everything they've ever put out.ive been crying,and laying down all day.im actually crying now,i feel like a bit of life has been taken from me,by the very guys who gave it back to me.Still,i love these guys,and will never abandon them.i HAVE noticed that caleb always looks like he wants to be somewhere else,when hes on stage.i wish them well,and will remain a dedicated fan of thiers,forever.this s/hyt sucks though.

Mr. Pukey

Bad heroin and the fact that you $uck? No loss here

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8