« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bubba Smith's Final Film

POLICE ACADEMY SPOOF

8/3/2011 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Police Academy
Bubba Smith
's final movie role was a spoof of the character he made famous during his run of "Police Academy" flicks ... but TMZ has learned it may never be released to the public.

Back in 2009, Smith finished shooting a movie called, "Daze: Vol. Too" -- described as a "post-modern avant-garde dramedy musical non-musical" starring Gary Busey.

TMZ spoke with Executive Producer Miller Uwanawich who tells us Smith's character dons a police outfit and participates in a musical number that spoofs the "Police Academy" series.

The film is complete -- but has yet to go public because producers haven't locked in a distributor. However, Uwanawich tells us he's had some recent meetings with potential buyers and seems fairly optimistic.

Uwanawich says producers plan to add an in memorium tribute to Bubba at the end of the flick ... and will also pay tribute to the late Andrew Koenig, who also had a role in the movie.

Uwanawich tells us, "Bubba was full of life up until last month when I last saw him. I'm really gonna miss him but what I'll really miss is his candid nature. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones and family."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

God-Is-Busy

A spoof of a spoof ? How would that work out ?

Ghost Rider

Oh man, you gotta be kiddin.

Rotten Puppets

RIP to a god amongst men.

PathFinder

"The film is complete -- but has yet to go public because producers haven't locked in a distributor. However, Uwanawich tells us he's had some recent meetings with potential buyers and seems fairly optimistic"

This is code for ... "Lets see how much money we can make off his death"

Ajalyn

Bubba and Gary Busey together? It can't be anything but hilarious and this is one movie that I definitely want to see....

thestupid

Staring Gary Busey!?! I would NEVER see it. Busey is a piece of crap as a human and a fool in life.

Ghost Rider

I think there just to ashamed to call what it really is, "Police Academy 8".

Sin D

Like or dislike the NEW TMZ FORMAT? Vote here below in this comment now!

Edward

R.I.P. Bubba Smith you were a GREAT Football player & actor.

Fred

Wow TMZ. Miller Uwanawich is your source? This guy is a half wit club promoter. Producer? Ha. Do not think so. Maybe he produces crappy venues and calls them nightclubs. Bubba Smith must have been doing him a REAL favor....

stella callahan

On tmz there is a greasy longhaired guy that should wash his hair or cut it or dye it to make it look claen not good n4 tv or tmz

buxxy

Awww, I liked him...too bad. Sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you. You made me laugh.

grannyj

Walter Koenig (Pavlov/Strek) is not dead. I do believe his son died this year.

Joe Chester

Bubba gave his final interview to the online mag College Football Replay on Monday.

Karen

I looked closer at Casey, and her arm swinging and and her nose has that nub on the end and her hip swing due to her knob knee coulb be her. Karen

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments