Ryan O'Neal

MY FAMILY IS 'FALLING APART'

8/4/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0804_oniel_large_launch_ex
080411_ryan_oneal_v2_still
Hours after one son was arrested for drug possession on Tuesday, his other son got into a gnarly head-on car accident -- and now, Hollywood legend Ryan O'Neal tells TMZ, his family is "falling apart."

The first son, 26-year-old Redmond O'Neal -- who has a long history with drugs -- pled "not guilty" to  heroin possession and unlawful possession of a firearm this morning ... but Ryan tells us, the kid "has a real problem."

Ryan hasn't seen his other son -- 46-year-old Griffin O'Neal -- in years ... but thankfully, he heard through the grapevine ... Griffin wasn't seriously injured in Tuesday's head-on collision.

All in all, Ryan's still optimistic despite the familial setbacks -- insisting, "We'll come back."

Chris

"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much."
Jackie Kennedy

Larrythefatkid

His family was never together. How can it ever fall apart?

LTBK

Poster Kathy said he did an interview where he blamed Tatum for Farrah's cancer by causing her stress. I did not see that but it is in line with all the other HORRIBLE, selfish things I have heard come out of this Dipsh#t's mouth. I had tried SO hard to have sympathy and like this guy when Farrah was sick and even after her death but there is NO good qualities or morals in this pri#k. EVERYTHING is for the camera. Unless it has to do with drugs, booze or verbally and physically bashing his children. Most likely Farrah got it also. And one more thing, Love Story SUCKED! I thought it was a classic when I was a teenager but have since seen it as an adult and it is THE CHEESIEST, AS@ININE, JUVENILE piece of crap I have ever seen. Good day.

cwc

I think I know why Farrah never married Ryan.. The more I listen to him, the more I see how toxic he is those around him. I really hope that Tatum can get over him and have a better life.

DES

Hey...us what Ryan....Your the only NORMAL one....it just you kids that are all messed up & won't taken resiposablity....for there actions...they all need to grow up
or Ryan stay away from them , I think your life is better without them....too many problems & drama...make your world at you Malibu home. the friend you had with your wife.
DES

Zan

Ryan:
"A compromise would surely help the situation
Agree to disagree, but disagree to part!..."

It's your family, man, hang in there!

Guest

Ryan O'Neal isn't qualified to provide his kids with the help that they need. He's the reason why they've been so messed up.

Dear Ryan:

"YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON YOUR KIDS, TO WORSHIP FARRAH. NOW YOUR SON'S LIVES ARE A MESS AND YOUR DAUGHTER, AFTER YEARS OF TRYING TO GET HER LIFE TOGETHER, COMES TO YOU, TO TRY AND PATCH THINGS UP WITH YOU. AND YOU ARE TO BUSY BLAIMING HER AND YOUR SON'S FOR FARRAH'S DEATH TO CARE! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WAIST OF FLESH, YOU USLESS SACK OF S**T!

beau

I feel so sorry for Redmond..it's not his fault..His mom Farrah choose to bring him into Ryans F-UP family , crazy, drug infested kids..Even Tatum mother was a hopeless addict.Now his mom is gone his drug problem may got worse, she left him a lot of money..Ryan and his daughter will NEVER make it you got two addicted people trying to get things worked..NEVER happen.

SCHOOLTEACH

Tatum being around her father is detrimental to her health. He is a cad, a liar. At his core, he is a bad person.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

I don't really like Griffin O'Neal, now, anymore. It's really not because he wouldn't reply to my Facebook or Twitter messages. In fact, I can understand that fully, his needing privacy after being in the public eye for a while. Now, however, I believe he's using the wrong things his father Ryan did to excuse him if/when he does them, too by pulling this recent stunt. Look at his Twitter account and Facebook page whining oh I come from a crazy, dysfunctional family and the School of Hardknocks. Please feel sorry for me and the things I do as a result of it. Oh please, I don't anymore. Uh-uh. Now, I feel more sorry for actor/comedian Chevy Chase regarding his really bad, and violent childhood, being slapped around in the middle of the night, at times, for no reason by his mentally sick mom, being locked in the closet by her, frequently, and also, being locked in there by his stepfather, and hit by him in the nose, making it bleed, sometimes. Thus, still you don't see Chevy Chase currently breaking the law, and blaming his childhood as a result. You promised you'd only go forward, Griffin, not back, especially, for your new wife, and new son. What's more, you're forty-seven, now. Sorry, but your bad childhood doesn't fly as an excuse this time. At least, certainly NOT with me, it doesn't.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

I was crying, weeping, on the inside when I read about poor Chevy Chase's childhood on the Internet. Griffin O'Neal, I no longer weep inwardly, for. Regarding him, my inward tears are all dried up, now.

Home Skillet

Dear O'Neal Family - I got 99 problems, and you guys ain't one of 'em. Redmond - cry me a ******* river. Sack up and be a man. You want to do drugs, period. At least say, "I want to do drugs - that's why I do them. If I ever decide I don't want to do them, I won't." It's called "personal accountability," spoiled little rich boy.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

I believe in God, very much so, and his amazing power. I know that he loves us all very much. I'm not looking down on either one of them for having problems. We all do. I do, too. Life's a struggle with great happiness and great hardship for us all. What happened with Tatum, Griffin, and Redmond during their childhood was DEFINITELY NOT their fault. It was definitely Ryan O'Neal's fault, mostly. However, I don't believe, no, not this time that any of us would be helping Griffin, and Redmond by having a big pity party again over them and still saying that their own recent actions are Ryan's fault, now. Griffin and Redmond's recent actions are their own responsibility. The truth may hurt sometimes, but we gain strength from it as well. Really, we do. I recently discovered I have Aspergers Syndrome, and always have had it. It's a serious mental disorder but I've also found that it's not severely disabling, and it really does get better as we get much older. Who will I blame, though for having it, my parents? Oh no, I don't think so because it's certainly not their fault. It just so happens that I have Aspergers Syndrome. That's just the way it is with me is all. I know, and will pray hard that God will comfort Redmond and Griffin during this time of hard tribulation. I really know God will, too, and really want him to. Things are tough all over for us ALL, daily, though, and there won't be any pity party from me towards these two guys this time. Because again, this time, what they did wasn't Ryan's fault. It was only their own.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Have too many pity parties for people and it can send them only further into obscurity, too. That's really how I feel, too, what I've learned from my own past, personal experience.

Kelly Joanne Cannon

Let's all thank God daily more for what we do have rather than what we have rather than what we don't have. I honestly don't want to hate, and look down upon others at all, either, just give them strength is all. I really mean that, too. These are just very true words of comfort from me is all. I've found that when we do this we enhance, flourish whatever we touch. Let's all never give up on God because he's never, and never will give up on any of us, ever. That's strong truth, too.