LADY GAGA SUED

Accused of Ripping Off 'Judas'

HEAR BOTH SONGS

8/5/2011 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lady Gaga Judas
Lady Gaga
's hit song "Judas" is a total rip-off of a 1999 song called "Juda" ... so says a singer named Rebecca Francescatti ... who just filed a lawsuit against Gaga in federal court.

Rebecca claims the similarities between the two songs are NOT a coincidence ... because her former bass player -- Brian Gaynor -- is now employed by a music company that wrote 17 songs on Gaga's recent "Born This Way" album.

Rebecca's lawyer, Chris Niro, tells TMZ, "Though the songs are different styles, the composition is the same and the chorus is the same melody ... [Rebecca] is seeking recognition for what she created."

Francescatti, who sings under the name Rebecca F., is suing for unspecified damages.

We called Lady Gaga's camp for comment ... no word back so far.

GAGA'S SONG

REBECCA'S SONG

DMunnay

I'm no GaGa fan... I might even go so far, as to say I despise Ms. GagMe, BUT the songs really sound nothing alike.

BigSur

Is anyone surprised that the only thing Gaga claims she does (songwriting) is actually done by someone else? She's a prime example of a puppet, propped up by major marketing dollars in an attempt to fool the mainstream music demographic into thinking she's doing something prolific. Everything can be bought with money (stage productions, clothes, magazine covers, video placement, even album sales) but the one thing you CAN'T buy is an artist's unique ideas. Now it turns out even "her ideas" aren't her own. Long story short: the industry could make anyone into Lady Gaga, but there will only ever be one Madonna, one Michael Jackson, one Elton John - Those are REAL artists. Her 15 minutes are almost up. Count on it.

robbed

G,C,D are used in pretty well all country music, imagine the lawsuits there....why are there so many cover songs made into different versions? we've run out of music.

Charity

Juda sounds nothing like Judas. Why didn't she file the lawsuit months ago?

Pyrrho

Both songs suck so I don't know why anyone would be fighting to claim either one. Also, while I still believe that Gaga has a great voice and some actual talent under all the theatrics and attention-whoring, she has been losing me as a fan with this album. For one, she needs to learn from the veterans of the music game and get a lot more subtle withe her thievery.

len

Weird. I'm a professional recording engineer and I hear nothing similar between these two songs. This will go away rather quickly I suspect.

Lola

Gaga's Glory song reminds me of some old song, but I can't remember which one. When I first heard it, I said, that sounds like something I've heard.

vixis

They sound NOTHING alike, the only similarity it the JUDA word. Really! A Lawsuit!

Miked

Sounds like she has more of a chance sueing Jordin Sparks for I am Woman. It sounds more like that song if anything

Gonk

Doesn't sound the same at all

courtney

I sincerely hate Lady Gaga and I don't find her the least bit creative, however those are two completely different songs.

Joe'smama

If anything, Tori Amos should be suing this Rebecca person for ripping off her sound...and doing a CRAPPY

Kevin

I just wanted to point out that the part where it says that Brian Gyanor and his company wrote 17 songs on Born This Way is inaccurate.Gaga wrote the album herself completly,and was looked over by her producers.Rebecca just wants attention,Both songs sound nothing alike.

JesseJames

I sure hope she didn't rip off of that song, because that song sucks. I would hope that she never listened to that song in the first place. What a joke. Both songs are a joke.

Bruce

Crystal ball says it never even gets to court