"Two and a Half Men"

'Charlie' is Dead

and NEVER Coming Back

8/6/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_two_and_half_men_getty_ex
The season premiere of "Two and a Half Men" will leave NO DOUBT -- Charlie Sheen's character is dead and gone ... for good.

TMZ has spoken with sources on set for last night's taping of the premiere. Now, we don't want to be douche bags and give it all away -- so we'll just say that in one brilliantly written scene, the producers make sure there's absolutely no way for 'Charlie Harper' to return to the show in the future.

Although ... he definitely leaves his mark on the episode.

As for Ashton Kutcher's debut -- we're told he and Jon Cryer had good chemistry ... and he went out of his way to interact with the audience.  At one point Ashton even snuck into the crowd and surprised a woman with a back rub.

At least one audience member said Ashton seemed dry and didn't quite own the character. Can't please 'em all.

0806_thm_set_cbs
Oh, and our spies didn't spot Demi Moore or Chuck Lorre -- but it's a good bet Chuck was there to finally say sayonara to Charlie Sheen Charlie Harper.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

i think it was a wood chipper mishap

SnarkyRichard

They should have let the show die and put the maid in her own spin-off show . Now it's a whole season of watching it in it's death throes with Awfulton Kootchlicker !

Truth

I'll tune in for the Charlie Harper funeral, and then I am through with the show. Just like everyone else that has enjoyed the show will do.

sparced

didn't they already tell us he died in a plane crash?

sparced

am i the only one not interested in ashton kutcher being on this show?

mat

Charlie probably dies in a fall from his trapeze will having sex, or maybe he is eaten alive from the inside out by an angry gerbil.

Nay

He should be killed off by autoerotic asphyxiation. Funnier that way.

SiouxCityBoy

I recently saw the movie Killers. The performances by Kutcher, Heigl and Selleck were top notch, no doubt about it. I do believe that after some time the audience will embrace Kutcher in his new role. I do hope the show has retained "Bertha/Berta", Rose and Evelyn. Often times they added more to the enjoyment of the show than did the three lead actors.

About TMZ's coverage. Like others, I do wish the coverage didn't include the spoilers! I would much rather have been surprised by the funeral when I watch the premiere. Knowing Ashton's character name is OK, knowing which actors will or will not return is also OK, knowing the plot line and commentary on the scenes as they are being filmed is NOT OK!

So, Harvey, Please, I do like visiting the TMZ site several times every day. I do want to know which actors are returning, I do not want a blow-by-blow revelation of the plot and story line! If you continue I will limit my visits to TMZ until the broadcast premiere of the sitcom. Thanks

lady

OKAY TMZ.....Enough already!! As you can tell the show is dead and charlie should not have been replaced. Charlie sheen roast on at the same time as this new show so will be roasting to charlie. Chuck lorre looser!!!

Diane

I can't believe the author of this article is calling the character Rose a stalker. She was their next door neighbor in the beginning. She did have the hots for Charlie but I never thought of her as a stalker---that is abit extreme!

Ty

Never could stand Ashton and his silly face and haircut.

JoAnne

Ashton sucks as an actor and I think the only reason he got this part was because of Pushy "Demi" if he had not hitched his wagon to her fading star he would have been history. terrible and mean show was that "Pranked". Only "Charlie" can do that series. too bad they all are greedy to want to just suck the life out of that show for the $$$

Diane

I agree with lady---Charlie should not be replaced and he should never have been fired--sometimes people need a break but he didn't have to go to such an extreme and fire him which is why I think it's obvious that Chuck Lorre has emotional problems as Charlie has always said. This new angle with Ashton-babe will never work--gimme a break! In the history of sit-coms--look back and you will see that just about every single time a sit-com has radically changed the original characters it bombs and usually they get cancelled the very next season--Chuck Lorre ought to be planning a funeral for the show because trust me--the final curtain call is on its way.

Barbara

Charlie's cause of death: Propofol given by his doctor. ;-)

CC

Some are saying Sleezy died from an untreated Syphilis infection. This would certainly explain the mad behavior prior to his departure. It would also be in line with his character.