"Two and a Half Men"

'Charlie' is Dead

and NEVER Coming Back

8/6/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_two_and_half_men_getty_ex
The season premiere of "Two and a Half Men" will leave NO DOUBT -- Charlie Sheen's character is dead and gone ... for good.

TMZ has spoken with sources on set for last night's taping of the premiere. Now, we don't want to be douche bags and give it all away -- so we'll just say that in one brilliantly written scene, the producers make sure there's absolutely no way for 'Charlie Harper' to return to the show in the future.

Although ... he definitely leaves his mark on the episode.

As for Ashton Kutcher's debut -- we're told he and Jon Cryer had good chemistry ... and he went out of his way to interact with the audience.  At one point Ashton even snuck into the crowd and surprised a woman with a back rub.

At least one audience member said Ashton seemed dry and didn't quite own the character. Can't please 'em all.

0806_thm_set_cbs
Oh, and our spies didn't spot Demi Moore or Chuck Lorre -- but it's a good bet Chuck was there to finally say sayonara to Charlie Sheen Charlie Harper.

Die Hard 2 1/2 Men Fan

Warner Brother's needs to get rid of Chuck Lorree and bring back Charlie Sheen. The chemistry between all the cast members was "GOLD". It reminded me of the chemistry of the cast with "Friends". Warner Brother's will lose millions for beinf stupid. They created Charlie Harper based on Charlie Sheen's life style. His personal life should not have even been a factor!! I will watch the first episode with my 76 yr old mother(who loves Sheen) and three other family members but after that we have decided to boycott the show. It is a shame that Warner Brother's would sacrifice all the other actor's livelyhood and the life of the show for one producer.

Heathro

Chcuk Lore : I have a show idea: do a spin off with just the grandmother and the housekeeper "Berta" . You could write it into the script that "Charlie" left his Mom 5 free years of Berta's service - I think it would be very funny.

Anonymous

You say no return for Charlie. Never say never in Hollywood.

Die Hard 2 1/2 Men Fan

If Warner Brother's were smart and they were following the "people" on internet site's like this they would comprehend all the negative attention that this gross act has had on the award winning show and revamp the first episode....OFFER Charlie Sheen his role back and surprise the hell out of the world. Everyone I know (and it's a lot of people) want Charlie Sheen back. Ashton K can stick to his Nikon commercials. He is cute and was kind of funny on That 70's show but he is no where near the caliber of this hysterical adult comedy. I watch the reruns everyday on CW 44, FX, my fourteen year old just types in the name of the show a records every episode on every sindication on the DVR and we still laugh. Two night's ago I watched the episode where Charlie bought marijuana from his pharmacist "Martin Mull" he is so funny too.....and he and Berta smoked it up...his facial expression's were so funny, Berta and Charlie had such great chemistry. Without Charlie the show will flop. There is still time for the sudio to rewrite the first episode and bring Sheen back.....if they are smart they will. I hope they read these blogs!

ryschiclyours

Killing off Charlie by a jealous wife...how sad.Sounds like writer and producer vengence if you ask me. Rose like the rest of us accepted Charlie as the 'dirty dog' he was. Didn't that make the show? I feel Charlie should have walked out to the ocean from his beautiful Malibu love shack...'enough was enough' THE END.
Now enter, Schmidt..a new beginning and a new show by sounds of things. I guess it will be up to us loyal Two and a Half Men fans and decide to stay on with the show or let it go. All we can do is give it a chance to surpass the last lame, year of a series that we all adored.

Jill

Why does Kutcher look like Jesus. Are we supposed to like him better. This is the last year of the series I hope.

Die Hard 2 1/2 Men Fan

Cathy

Don't like Ashton Kucher...won't be watching...he needs to look like a grown up - cut the hair and shave that awful beard!!!!!

Tonia A.

I must say that I have been a BIG fan of the show since day one. Its sad that the owners couldn't at least come to a future agreement and just let him go until he got hisself together. Charlie Sheen is the show and without him it won't last past the next season. I am gonna miss Charlie, but at least I have it all on DVD. As for Ashton, I think he shouldn't have tried to step into the shoes of this GREAT ACTOR, because these will be some shoes that he won't be able to fill. If the show works out great, but I WON'T be watching because NOBODY can take the place of CHARLIE (HARPER)SHEEN

bylaw99

C'mon people everybody knows this was Charlies show his real life made the show so much more believable...a alcoholic womanizing ladies man musician...do you know how many of us guys can relate to Charlie? I feel sorry for Jake now he'll be a p***y like Alan.

opal

TMZ, you're REALLLY trying to get everyone to think Ashton is going to be great. We know this actor and he's going to be awful and this show won't be the same. Who's paying you? Really, it's getting old.

cbanks

I enjoyed 2 1/2 men and laughed many times. I hated to see Charlie go (go crazy) - the dude just killed his career. But, bringing Ashton Kutcher in to replace him, (I don't know). Ashton may have a big following, but the guy is like 33 - 34 years old. It's time to look like a man instead of a dirty ass teenager. Dude, cut your hair, and shave your half ass beard. You look so dirty with your hair all oily and that beard that looks like it belongs on a 16 year old. I truly hope the show hits off. I enjoyed all the other characters. If Aston shaves his beard and cuts and combs his hair, maybe, just maybe it might be a good show.

Shady's Lady

I will miss the remaining characters but I don't think I can stomach this Kutcher dude. Sheen is such a major talent. This guy is an immature in comparison.

aa915

I'll watch it just to support a Sheen-free version no matter who replaces him. A drug-addicted misogynist perv playing a drunken misogynist perv on TV. Yuck. This can only be an improvement.

Dave

Yeah,Charlie acted like an ass for awhile but he also made that show as funny as it is.He was ready to apologize to his boss's and get back to work but they decided to be ass's themselves and kill off Charlie Harper. Now when the show flops, there won't be Charlie to bring it back. Morons!