"Two and a Half Men"

'Charlie' is Dead

and NEVER Coming Back

8/6/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_two_and_half_men_getty_ex
The season premiere of "Two and a Half Men" will leave NO DOUBT -- Charlie Sheen's character is dead and gone ... for good.

TMZ has spoken with sources on set for last night's taping of the premiere. Now, we don't want to be douche bags and give it all away -- so we'll just say that in one brilliantly written scene, the producers make sure there's absolutely no way for 'Charlie Harper' to return to the show in the future.

Although ... he definitely leaves his mark on the episode.

As for Ashton Kutcher's debut -- we're told he and Jon Cryer had good chemistry ... and he went out of his way to interact with the audience.  At one point Ashton even snuck into the crowd and surprised a woman with a back rub.

At least one audience member said Ashton seemed dry and didn't quite own the character. Can't please 'em all.

0806_thm_set_cbs
Oh, and our spies didn't spot Demi Moore or Chuck Lorre -- but it's a good bet Chuck was there to finally say sayonara to Charlie Sheen Charlie Harper.

Lisa

ok I am a fan of both Charlie Sheen AND Ashton Kutcher so I am sad to see Charlie go but I am eager to see Ashton on TV again so I will be watching the "new" 2.5 Men. Now in a perfect word Charlie and Chuck Lorre make up and he puts Charlie BACK on the show and Ashton gets to stay too....I don't care how they kill off Charlie....it could have all been a bad dream....the episodes without Charlie I mean...it worked on Dallas lol...I'm just saying

millie

I DONT FEEL ASHTON WILL BE A HIT ON THE SHOW, IVE SPOKEN TO FRIENDS THAT LOVED TWO AN A HALF MEN AND THEY ALL AGREE THAT THE SHOW WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME CHEMISTRY IT HAD BEFORE, THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER LET PERSONAL FEUDS TO GET BETWEEN BUSINESS AND A TV SHOW NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT IS BUSSINESS, IM PRETTY SURE EVENTUALLY THIS SHOW WILL BE OFF THE AIR. THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG ASHTON IS CUTE, BUT HE'S NOT SHEEN ON THE SHOW...........................

nick

charlie is two and a half men without him it is nothing. i have nothing against ashton kutcher i think he is cool but he wont be a charlie harper long live charlie

john

i wont be following ass face whatever his name is. people dont get it charlie was the show. He was the whole show. Your right it's not rocket science but even a dumbass knows this show will go nowhere.

bill braden

I will no*****ch its to bad I WELL HAVE TO FIND A NEW STASN

Kris

Was one of my favorite shows. I will be boycotting Two & a Half Men with Kutcher. Even though I love some of the other actors on the show, Charlie made the show. Kutcher is a joke. He is so immature. Acts like a little kid - needs to grow up and will never be taken seriously as an actor.

JJJ

I LOVE CHARLIE!!!! PLEASE COME BACK !!! CRYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Lucy

I will miss Charlie! The show was one of my favarote shows on t.v. The way he will be killed off is that he's in Paris and get hit by a subway train!! they really wanted to make sure he was'nt coming back..........BIG MISTAKE CHUCK...BIG!!

Robert

stop bringing up how he was gooood in other vids... he will suck in 2 and a half men they minds well change the show name.. its not gunna b nothing like the original

mizz fatty fatty

charlies actually having two funerals - one on tv and mysendoff.com is givinhim 1 in hollywood the day before. check it out, mby sum1 will give him half a funeral 2 lol

charlie nunes

Charlie Sheen was the show. His lifestyle is the same as the Charactor. The show will possitivly suck now. I will watch the first show with Ashton only to see what the do with Charlie Harper and never watch it again!! The show will be canceled after this season. YOu should have fired the stupid producer not the Actor!!!!

harley

opening for two and a half men was a let down hope they can do better than that Ashton better kick it in the ass

KyleH

I think the season premiere started out great and was very funny with Charlies eulogy. All of the comments from his previous GF's were hilarious. I was very disappointing though when Ashton entered the mix. He seemed very mono-tone and not very funny. H's Ashton so the audience laughed at his jokes. Jon Cryer was carrying the rest of the show. I was not impressed and I did have high hopes for a successful season premiere.

lisa v

Two and a Half Men sucks now! Ashton Kutcher is no replacement for Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen is a genius. This show should be cancelled because it sucks now without Charlie Sheen and Ashton Kutcher's imbecile character or real self is not entertainment!

matt

he only plays good in stoner stuff