Arnold Schwarzenegger

I Survived Maria!

The Ultimate Dis?

8/8/2011 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0808_arnold_ex_shirt_wm_2On the surface it's the unkindest cut of all ... Arnold Schwarzenegger out bike riding Sunday in Santa Monica, wearing a shirt that says, "I survived Maria" -- the woman whom he betrayed so badly.

But there's more to this story.  We found out ... Arnold got the shirt last November, during a farewell party for the Governator's staff.  The shirts were actually designed by Maria's staff, as a joke.  The shirt they presented to Arnold had 2007 crossed out and 1977 scribbled above -- that's the year Arnold and Maria started dating.

And, we're told, Arnold and Maria are not at war.  They're well along in the process of settling their divorce, and they speak frequently.

But all of this begs the question.  Given the events of the last few months, should Arnold have worn the shirt in public?

jimJ

WHAT A PIECE OF WORK ARNOLD IS NO CLASS AT ALL

latonya

it was not right for what he did

Different Rules Apply

Didn't like Arnold at first, changed my mind around the TRUE LIES time. Should have stuck with my first impression. He was doing the help while TRULY LYING to Maria. Lost it for you Arny. Hope she was worth it- somehow I really doubt it.

Guess

I think it all pretty hilarious. I like Arnold and that is what men do. I think we pay too much attention to others personal problems. But if I was out to di I say he got a good one in. It is a man thing for many to screw around: why the big SURPRISE?
Too Funny!

notta

Someone needs to work on their Photoshop skills. Perspective is all wrong. Terrible.

rsmik

Nobody can ever accuse Ahnold of having any class

McG

Regardless of what the real story is between Arnold and Maria, how much more publicity does he need to draw to the situation? It's obviously meant to be negative, does he really need to air his dirty laundry (literally and figuratively) so we can all gawk at his lack of decency yet again?

LJ

He's an ass. She is better off without him. He married up and now it's apparent.

aquanet

He has a baby with the housekeeper and he has the balls to come up with this? Once a douche bag, always a d-bag

Zoe

It's pretty obvious this man has zero emotional intelligence. It's not enough he cheats on his wife and has a child behind her back, now she has to suffer with this. What an absolute monster. What kind of thoughtless void must you be if you don't consider how this looks to your wife, children, and the world? Karma's a reality, he's due for his.

Jodi

IMO he should NOT have worn the shirt in public...EVER... but what can you expect from a man who bonked his maid in the same house and bed he shared with his wife WHILE THEY WERE MARRIED.

LINNY

They may be speaking , and we won't know the deets, but something tells me that he is getting royally screwed in negotiations...and I mean ROYALLY...Karma is a...disgruntaled two-timed exwife!!

Xana

It's an inside joke within his family, between them. No reason for anyone else to try to read into it. It's not like we have to be reminded he's the one who ruined the marriage...

christina

if it was given out in 2007, why does the shirt read 2010???

Julie

They seem to be doing fine, working out their issues like adults. Leave 'em alone.