Charlie Sheen

Ashton SAVED My Career!

8/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_sheen_kutcher_getty_ex
Charlie Sheen
is extremely grateful that Ashton Kutcher replaced him on "Two and a Half Men" -- telling TMZ, if Ashton hadn't taken his old spot ... Charlie would never have been able to kick-start his career.

According to Charlie, his funeral on the show just adds some closure to the story -- telling us, “I have always been told that I have 9 lives, so it is going to be amazing to witness my own funeral which is clearly a win/win situation because Ashton has just given me a 10th."

As we previously reported, Charlie is making a huge comeback after "Men" -- announcing his brand new TV project based on "Anger Management."

But something tells us, Ashton won't be getting a "Thank You" letter in the mail.

0805_a_funeral_photos_footer

Dan

I hope Sheen does come out with a new show and I hope it DOES bomb beyond belief and he can finally understand that people are over him. Take your fake teeth and hair and just go away Loser!

lilirose_74

It seems Charlie can't win either way for most people. I'm glad Charlie is taking the high road here & just moving forward. And his career is far from "over". The man has been in the business for nearly 30 years, & I hope he gets his new show in the works just to spite the naysayers. Wishing you the best Charlie!

yo

ROFL at the Charlie trolls saying Charlie is taking the "high road!"

Nice try, Charlie PR!

Charlie wouldn't know a high road if it bit him in the ass. He only takes the lowest route to anywhere. He has no show, nothing coming up, and no prospects.

toad

BYE BYE CRACK HEAD CHARLIE!

JimmyB

Yea..Charlie. We believe you. So--Why not thank Chuck Lorre? Seems HE was responsible.

Glenda

Can we say delusional.

Becca

Don't see how Ashton was picked - he's about a half a man taller than Charlie Sheen, and If the replacement is not going to actually play Charlie, what's the point? I have a better show story line or solution... Let the real Charlie Sheen truly get saved - born again and change his way totally and hire him back to play the role of Christian telling people his ways were sinful and they need to change their lives. The new and better born again Charlie Sheen - That's a good show filled with morals and not 24 minutes of drinking, womanizing filth

Blue

Sheen cost CBS and Warner Brothers hundreds of millions of dollars. Read the financial articles on this mess that did not appear on TMZ.

Anger Management is a go to be produced. However I see no networks bidding and the pilot episode has not been filmed.

Exactly how insurable is Charlie Sheen these days?

Amy

Charlie is making a huge comeback after "Men"...says who? Charlie? Oh...yawn.

mateus siqueira

muito bom o trio vai ser muito engraçado
visitem meu blog http://dejaircachaceiro.blogspot.com/
obrigado

mateus siqueira

muito bom este trio com serteza vai ser um grande sucesso
visitem meu blog
obrigado

chaz lane

So Ashton helped kickstart his failed comedy/reality tour???

Bruno

Chuckles must have a new PR person.

flick555

Charlie sounds like someone that has just broken up with their girlfriend, and they start saying stuff like, "I'm glad she's gone, now I can live my life" But deep inside they are just covering up their jealousy and pain.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I think in order for your "comeback" to be successful, you actually have to COME BACK. Charlie Sheen is still in outer space.