Charlie Sheen

Ashton SAVED My Career!

8/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_sheen_kutcher_getty_ex
Charlie Sheen
is extremely grateful that Ashton Kutcher replaced him on "Two and a Half Men" -- telling TMZ, if Ashton hadn't taken his old spot ... Charlie would never have been able to kick-start his career.

According to Charlie, his funeral on the show just adds some closure to the story -- telling us, “I have always been told that I have 9 lives, so it is going to be amazing to witness my own funeral which is clearly a win/win situation because Ashton has just given me a 10th."

As we previously reported, Charlie is making a huge comeback after "Men" -- announcing his brand new TV project based on "Anger Management."

But something tells us, Ashton won't be getting a "Thank You" letter in the mail.

0805_a_funeral_photos_footer

Daytona Girl

Again .... Charlie must be on crack. No one has picked up Anger Management. No one wants to see an old crackhead. He is acting like someone who ran into a glass door and says "Doi ... I meant to do that." He knows he was totally insane for losing a 2 million dollar an episode gig ... and he can't even keep "goddesses" with him when he pays them. Now he is just looks pathetic.

Kate

Charlie Sheen didn't need to kick start his career until he had a meltdown and got fired. Ah, well. I hope his new show works out. I read the concept is a go, but the challenge is trying to find producers and writers who will work with him, as unstable as he is right now. And whether one likes Ashton Kutcher or not, it takes balls to step into a show like he has. But he's helped save the jobs of hundreds of people by doing so, something Sheen should have thought of before dissing everyone and putting their livelihoods in danger.

Maria

I wish the producers of "Men" would have split Ryan Stiles (Herb) and Judith up and moved "Herb" into Charlie's house so he to could live the "good life" he always talked about, and have Charlie & Rose elope (finally marry) and just move away. Killing him off is upseting, I don't want to watch that even if it is acting. R.I.P Charlie Harper, we will miss you more than you will ever know. <3

TiffC

They should have gone with their first pick of Neil Fifer - the real life Charlie Harper.

uknowit

Charlie... WI-INING! LOL... Don't Kill Charlie he is the best yall got.

gabriel requena

because you are talking so bad charlie if it appears to be a good person kids

evesin0207

What rock did you people crawl out from under? Charlie Sheen was the whole show and he carried the rest of the cast and made it #1 for 8 years for CBS until that little ****roach Chuck Lorre felt he wasn't getting enough of the glory and decided he was the "kingpin" and with his writing and producing could keep Two and 1/2 Men #1 without Charlie Harper. Wrong -- Wrong -- and Wrong again you little schmuck!

Ashton Kutcher is a perennial teenager (I rented 3 of his movies to see for myself) does not have the comedic ability or on the spot timing Charlie had which set his castmates up in every scene and made a low level comic like Jon Cryer look like a great comedian.

Give it 4 episodes after the opener and see how many "loyal" fans of Chuck Lorre and Ashton Kutcher stick with the watered down, unfunny version of the once fantastically excellent #1 comedy starring Charlie Sheen -- Two and 1/2 Men.

tellmeaboutit

What color is the sky in your world, Chuckles?

Phoenix

ShEeN 4 PreSiDent!!!!!

B

Has the 'Anger Management' ridiculousness been picked up by a network yet? What a nut.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Piggy - Once the gamble paid off and then cost more in other ways, no one is real eager to roll the dice on the same wager. I work at one of the bigger studios and have seen them tremble these days when it comes to money. Don't get me wrong. I liked Sheen, but producers & studios prefer the safer way now. They won't even wait an entire season(some 1/2 season) to let a show catch on. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but this would be a BIG wager.

Lucy

Charlie I love you and will miss coming home and watching your show after a long day at work, You made me laugh hysterically.

MARGETALICA

SHEEN IS A METH MOUTH MUTANT WOMEN BEATER-- ASH IS A DOLL -THE SHOW WILL GO ON JUST FINE.

lilirose_74

Only time will tell if the show will do well, but after the novelty wears off, people will MISS Charlie, & highly doubt the show will be as successful as it used to be. Even Ashton admitted that he has never met Charlie, & Charlie wished him well on the show! Good for you Charlie for moving forward with your life!Wishing you well Charlie!

sharon