Katherine Jackson

Courting MASSIVE Stars for

MJ Tribute Show

8/9/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0808_mj_forever_ex
Michael Jackson's mom has personally reached out to some of the biggest music stars in the world in the hopes of getting them to perform at the big MJ tribute show in October ... but only ONE of them is a definite YES ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the concert tell us ... Jay-Z, Kanye West, Cee Lo, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Christina Aguilera, Usher and Bruno Mars have each received an invitation (pictured above) from Katherine Jackson ... asking them to perform 1 or 2 of their favorite MJ songs in Cardiff, Wales on Oct. 8.

Katherine promises each star who signs on will be provided with "first class travel accommodations."

We're told Chris Brown, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars have each respectfully declined the invite due to scheduling conflicts ... however, Christina and Kanye are leaning towards "Yes."

As for the one person who's already signed on the dotted line -- sources tell us Cee Lo from Gnarls Barkley was quick to commit.

Tickets to the event have not gone on sale yet -- but promoters say they will become available once a complete line-up is booked.

nick

that chris brown hating **** is getting old

amy

to susan and all who think like her: mj was NOT just a drug addict. are you just an ignorant bitch? no, im sure you have redeeming qualities that ur loved ones will remember u for instead of ur faults. what needs to be remembered and celebrated is his talent. bc whatever else u think u know, nobody can deny his influence and contribution to music and music videos. not to mention his humanitarian efforts.

Ijustcantstoplovingu

Its never going to happen! It will be cancelled like before.

Willian

Amazing...I Lov miss Christina Aguilera
can't wait to see her performance with her hard vocals.

Keith

Oh, yeah! If I were a performer I'd want in on this scam. Let's see...I rearrange my schedule to fly myself to Wales on my own dime and perform for free while Katherine pops for the hotel room and reaps the money from the gate, TV, DVD sales and another movie deal. These clowns are only eight weeks from the concert date and don't have any performers. IF you're stupid to give these people any money for a ticket to something that is not very likey to come off, you deserve what you'll get.

RACHEL

NONE OF THESE RESPECTFUL ENTERTAINERS SHOULD PERFORM UNLESS ALL PROCEEDS GO TO A CONFIRMED CHARITY.....THIS FAMILY HAS MADE E N O U G H MONEY OFF OF MICHAEL !

ANITA

MJ's funeral was tribute enough. For goodness sakes, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

MP

I'll be surprised if this event actually takes place.

aston

I agree that there is no real point in a concert at all, not at this point. A remembrance concert five years - and ten years - after his passing would be much more appropriate. There has been a lot of celebration of Michael, and now Cirque de Soleil is coming up as well. AND the trial is underway - I'd like to concentrate on that, and listen to Michael's own music.

Master Po

If you ever wondered where MJ got his entitlement issues you have a clue above. Who do you think tought him his sense of entitlement?

Look no further to look who let him do drugs whenever he wanted, bought children so he could sleep with them, paid off other ones.

Glenda in Texas

This is all very nice but I don't think there's anyone that would match Michael's talent on the planet right now that would perform a tribute to him and satisfy his fan base. Sorry.

Love you (Michael Jackson) my sweetness.

Blue

Pricy invitations, "first class travel accommodations" so this is a big money making venture in Michael's name?

How high are ticket prices going to be?

Brigha from UK