Gavin DeGraw

Hospitalized After Brutal Attack

8/8/2011 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gavin DeGraw AttackedSinger Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after he was viciously assaulted by multiple attackers late Sunday night in New York City ... TMZ has learned.

A source close to Gavin tells TMZ the singer -- who lives in New York City -- was outnumbered by several people during the attack.

Gavin's rep says he is still under observation at Bellevue Hospital tonight ... but would not be specific about his injuries.

Gavin has been touring with Train and Maroon 5 ... and their next stop was scheduled for Tuesday night in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Story developing ...

Gavin DeGraw Attack

cindy

OH, Noooo!!!Poor Gavin! I hope you're gonna be o.k. People with their comments of not knowing him..... Oh,pa-lease. You know his song? "I Don't wanna be" and his other song "I'm in Love with a girl".. anyway just look him up fools. He's talented with good songs.

Carl

I feel bad for the guy, but I have no clue who he is. So if the news said some office worker was attacked I'd feel about the same.

LuvLeeRita

New Yorkers did this? Wow, so they're NOT better than L.A., who woulda thunk?

Dontworryaboutmy name

people don't know who he is, because they don't know about good music. People need to expand their horizons. He makes great music. If some of ya'll have nothing good to say, then keep your comments to yourself.

Lkap1481

One of my favorite musicians. Geez, I'm shocked to read this. Speedy recovery Gavin!

Jennyy

This is what the Great United States of America has become. A cess pool of thugs and the greedy.

That anyone even has to ask who he is is an indicator of American mentality. Gavin DeGraw has never had drug or alcohol issues. Nor has he been arrested therefore many of you don't know of him.

I am not surprised really - the number one show in the country is Jersey Shores where all they do is get drunk and fight.

I wish you a fast and complete recovery Gavin.

Amy

This makes me so sick. Who would do such an awful thing??? And to Gavin DeGraw, only the nicest, most talented musician ever. Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope they catch the bastards that did this.

shagrath

i read about this as well from another source who was quoted to have a witness state someone at scene after they trampled this guy shouted " pete wentz is next"

Tigerisbetterthanyou

Who?? Is he in Justin Bieber's band?

Eric_7

I cannot believe the hateful comments on this story. What we need is more love and understanding. America has completely lost the plot - most violent nation ever.

D-Train

Damn.That guy is a pretty good singer.Sux that he got beat down like that

Estella

For those who're asking "who is he?" Is a great and underrated singer! I hope he'll get well :/ I really do like him!

Larissa

Hope he is okay! Love you Gavin!

ray falbo

google him and find out what he sings. he was awesome both time we were to his concert. so if you dont know , dont bash......

candice

bummer3

what's wrong with people?