Gavin DeGraw

Hospitalized After Brutal Attack

8/8/2011 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gavin DeGraw AttackedSinger Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after he was viciously assaulted by multiple attackers late Sunday night in New York City ... TMZ has learned.

A source close to Gavin tells TMZ the singer -- who lives in New York City -- was outnumbered by several people during the attack.

Gavin's rep says he is still under observation at Bellevue Hospital tonight ... but would not be specific about his injuries.

Gavin has been touring with Train and Maroon 5 ... and their next stop was scheduled for Tuesday night in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Story developing ...

Gavin DeGraw Attack

Steinberg

"Good music" lol good music died in the 80's. 60's, 70's, 80's then all originality ceased to exist. "Good music" HA!

Lydia

u guys ever see one tree hill? well if u have he is the one who wrote the theme song.

this is so sad. i hope he can make it to saratoga tmr!!! get well G

Anon

Uhh I WAS supposed to see him in concert tomorrow. Haha. Guess that isn't going to happen.

Karen

Wow Thats the sadest thing i ever heard. I love me some Gavin DeGraw! Well if I were with him i woulda opened a cana woopass on the Aholes! & I thought my cyberbully was bad! Sorry sucha thing happened to one of the most musicly talented person i ever heard! Speedy Recovery Gav! Need a Body Gaurd?

glamorous life

If you haven't heard of Gavin Degraw...he sings that great song - I Don't Wanna Be---here's how it starts out..."I don't need to be anything other than a prison guard's son
I don't need to be anything other than a specialist's son
I don't have to be anyone other than a birth of two souls in one Part of where I'm going is knowing where I'm coming from..." I was actually singing this song at work today and my thoughts and prayers go out to Gavin. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

jack e. jett

i will nurse him back to healthy, make him breakfast everyday,then we will become lovers and buy some land in upstate New York, with a few cows and maybe some chickens.
I make certain that no one harms him again. HOT!

Leader of the ignorant masses

I never heard of him but that is no reason he should have gotten the crap beat out of him or have people laugh about it. But i must agree that both hipsters and that hat suck.

ari

what is wrong with people!!?? who the **** cares WHO he is!? obviously he's singer.. but the PT is he was beaten by rotten thugs.. terrible terrible people. people posting here making idiotic comments and just asking who he is, etc. are the problem with society today. who cares who he is? who cares if you never heard of him? he's someone's son... boyfriend...sibling.. brother.. he's representative of many who have gone thru the same horrible situation of being targeted and attacked. $%#$^$%%@#$!@#@$%!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon

Gavin is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. My girlfriend made me go see him in concert a couple years back. I wasn't a fan at all but we ran into him at the bar after his set and he hung out and had a couple beers with us while Maroon 5 played. Just an all around great guy.

Bryan

Who the freak is this dude?

Me

Why are people so stupid? And people who don't know shouldn't comment. It doesn't matter who he is! Best wishes on feeling better, and FAST!

RockinIt

He's an outspoken racist; that's why he was beaten. He didn't deserve a beating. But if you are a racist, I don't care how well you can sing.

Lucas

If you've watched "One Tree Hill", then you know his music..I hope he gets better very soon

Professor Chaos

I have no idea who this guy is. After a little research about what exactly happened to the guy, I hope the rumors about him being sexually assaulted and sodomized by this group of thugs prove to be false. Poor guy.

Dee

Dang that sucks! I really like his music! Hope he gets well soon.