Gavin DeGraw

Hospitalized After Brutal Attack

8/8/2011 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gavin DeGraw AttackedSinger Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after he was viciously assaulted by multiple attackers late Sunday night in New York City ... TMZ has learned.

A source close to Gavin tells TMZ the singer -- who lives in New York City -- was outnumbered by several people during the attack.

Gavin's rep says he is still under observation at Bellevue Hospital tonight ... but would not be specific about his injuries.

Gavin has been touring with Train and Maroon 5 ... and their next stop was scheduled for Tuesday night in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Story developing ...

Gavin DeGraw Attack

mandyNtennessee

Some of these comments really sadden me. As others have said, it doesn't matter if you know of him or not, it's a terrible thing that's happened. And the comment about him being a racist...I think you need to check your facts. Same goes for those saying he is gay. None of those things, even if true, would warrant this anyway but it's certainly not the time to be throwing things like that out there. Gavin is one of the nicest, most giving people you'll ever meet and comes from a family who is the same way. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and the entire DeGraw family for a quick recovery. And I'm sorry, but if you don't have anything respectful and sympathetic and positive to say during a time like this maybe you just shouldn't say anything at all.

Terr

What was this the DOUCHE TOUR?

karen darvin

i checked him out on youtube ,he's very good, like his song other people talked about..and being attacked and put in the hospital is pretty creepy, put yourself in his place..NYC>>you can keep it; from dallas home of the Mavericks!

lee

And all one hears is what a great city NY is.
Bull Crap!

daftshadow

So he got mugged? Move to LA, you won't be treated like this. NY sucks.

Mork12

He was attacked by a group of youfs...In no way was it a hate crime

viewer

look, it doesn't matter who this guy is, or whether you've heard of him or not. (i haven't) but this guy got hurt. it follows you might be sympathetic. it doesn't matter what city you live in. the concept is compassion. it might be best if you could grasp it without it happening to you, or someone you care for.

Cartman

He probably got beat up for being white.

It's all the rage lately and none of the media outlets will explain it properly because it would be racist to report that white people are getting targeted by crowds of black people in major cities.

Welcome to the "Change you can believe in" that you voted for.

Cartman

Then again, he may have gotten a beatdown for wearing that hat in public.

Reality80

Who?

Vic Nardozza

No! Not Gavin DeGraw! Anybody but Gavin DeGraw!

Who the hell is Gavin DeGraw?

The Truth

Just because his music sucks doesn't mean he deserved to get beaten down...

Donna

Gavin you've fans all over the world praying right now hunny >:d< Gavin is one of the kindest people you'll ever meet and I'm personally sickened by this.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Holy BatS--t! I am sooo sick of crazy-ass people beating up on other people! The peeps that do the beatings, would flip out if it happened to one of their family members.

me, myself and I

Get well Gavin. I hope they catch those vermin punks!