Gavin DeGraw

Struck By Cab After Assault

8/9/2011 7:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gavin DeGraw Hospitalized
Law enforcement tells TMZ ... a dazed and confused Gavin DeGraw was struck by a cab minutes after being assaulted in NYC Sunday night.

We're told a witness saw the cab strike the singer and called 911. When paramedics arrived, they observed facial injuries and Gavin was transported by ambulance to Bellevue Hospital.

Gavin's rep tells TMZ the singer is being treated for multiple serious injuries -- including a concussion, broken nose, black eyes, cuts and bruises.

TMZ broke the story ... Gavin was attacked by multiple assailants late Sunday night. It's unclear what motivated the attack.

The rep adds, "Police are conducting an investigation of the attack. Gavin and his family appreciate everyone's concern at this time. We have no information yet regarding his upcoming concert dates and promotion for his new album."

As for tonight's show in Saratoga Springs, NY -- TMZ has learned Gavin will be replaced by Nikki Jean. Maroon 5 and Train will perform as scheduled.

update_bar
3:40 PM: Gavin is speaking out on Twitter for the first time since the incident ... but claims his memory's a little foggy, writing, "Hi my friends. Honestly, I don't remember much. I only know I can recover from here. Thank u all for your genuine concern. I love u guys."

3:13 PM: Gavin has been discharged from the hospital, according to his rep.

8:40 AM:
An NYPD spokesperson claims DeGraw says he was attacked by 3 men at 3:00 AM Monday morning.

8:00 AM: A rep for Maroon 5 tells us, "The band was horrified to hear what happened to Gavin and sends their best wishes to him for a speedy recovery."

The PMG

Who is he?

smashley

SERIOUSLY... wtf is wrong with people. He seems like a decent nice guy... and is a talented musician... ie writes his own songs, plays the guitar and sings without auto tune!!!!

marjorie

wasn't this in nyc at like 4:30am? who has motives at that point? he was probably just jumped by a bunch of ******** looking for a quick buck. welcome to nyc, greatest city in the world?

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

I am surprised TMZ didn't use a pic of him with his mouth open...probably don't have one on file.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Wait, the "witness" presumably saw him staggering around but didn´t call 911 until after he wa***** by a cab? What is wrong with these people?

Tm8

Oh go*****hat is awful! It's so weird, yesterday was my birthday, and I hung out with him in Nashville two years ago yesterday (on my birthday)! Had a fun night with a bunch of friends, so I was thinking about him yesterday for a moment, wondering how he was. How horrible!

NightOwl

That is just awful. I wonder what the real story is.

Andrew Vollmerhausen

Gavin's the man, hope this doesn't mess up his tour. Met him at his bar in Brooklyn, nice guy.

Rob

Never heard of him.

NatDigga

Was it black people?

Kirk

Who?

chichifrogslegs

wow I feel like a real bitch but I had to chuckle a little when I saw this. Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time. That being said, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Cujeaux

Can't say that I'm surprised that he got rolled at 4 am and then got hit by a cab. It also wouldn't surprise me if the ambulance arrived an hour after they were called. Bellevue was just the icing on the cake.

Mike

When the police dont comment--its a cover-up----GAY Bashing--The little cute dude hasnt come out yet and OMG what would that do to his career---Absolutely nothing---GAY-GAY-GAY..

Louise

These creeps probably felt real powerful after beating up on one guy like that - what a bunch of sissies!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments