George Clinton's Guitarist

I'm FUNK'D Without My

STOLEN Instrument

8/9/2011 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0809-pink-guitar-EXD
The guitarist for George Clinton's famous Parliament-Funkadelic band says she's desperate to get her custom shredstick back after it was stolen last week -- and her HEALTH depends on it!!

Shaunna Hall tells TMZ ... the $5,000 guitar (pictured above) was stolen from the P-Funk tour bus, in Memphis, on August 5. But what REALLY sucks is ... the instrument was specifically designed to accommodate a painful physical affliction she sustained after a bad accident last year.

Hall says her neck and shoulder were injured in the accident -- and ever since the incident, traditional wood guitars are simply too heavy for her to play for several hours at a time.

We're told the custom guitar is made from carbon fiber -- weighing a mere 4.5 pounds -- which puts less stress on her sensitive neck and shoulder ... helping her endure performing a full concert.

Shaunna tells us -- she'll DEFINITELY offer a reward to anyone who returns the guitar ... no questions asked.

trolly

trust me. she has no money for a reward.

a professional musician has more than one instrument.

Bob

"Seriously, people whose lives and careers DEPEND on a piece of equipment do not have only one: They buy two or more at a time. There is a particular camera that I LOVE and I have two of them in case one breaks. I have other items that my work depends on so I have more than one of the same thing. Anyone who doesn't think ahead like that is a moron. But, then again, look at the way she dresses...like a clown."

You had your cameras custom made? Of course you didn't. Apples and oranges.

Besides, I'm sure she has more than one guitar. Guitarists tend to be into collecting guitars, and you have to be really into guitars if you become a professional guitarist like she is. But, that's still missing the point. This one is the one she's most comfortable playing because she has a bad back. That's why she deserves our sympathy.

hippie@heart

I HATE MEMPHIS ...NOTHING BUT THIEVES THERE !!!! MEMPHIS SUXZ!! ARM PIT OF THE USA !! AND YES i CAN SAY IT ..I LIVED THERE & GOT RIPPED OFF AND MOVED!!

Bad Motherhugger

Umm... Has anybody at TMZ ever had to deal with a real life situation, like a car theft or a burglary? Ever?

Model and make? Anybody?

The guitar is an XOX Audio Tools "The Handle - zig-zag" with a custom paintjob.

You're welcome!

real talk

she dont play that much anyway it wont be missed by the band

taz

go buy a new @ http://www.edroman.com/guitars/skelletron_guitars.htm

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2