KID

Arrest Stems from

Drunk Driving Case

8/9/2011 2:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0809_kid_EX_03
Christopher "Kid" Reid was arrested for drunk driving back in 2010 -- but failed to show up for some very important court dates -- and that's why he was hauled to jail earlier today ... TMZ has learned.

According to court records obtained by TMZ, Kid was busted for DUI in L.A. on July 8, 2010. Tests showed his blood alcohol level was .15 -- nearly twice the legal limit in California.

The "House Party" star pled no contest to a drunk driving charge -- and was sentenced to 3 years probation, ordered to complete an alcohol education program, attend 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and pay more than $1,400 in fines and penalties.

But according to the docs, Kid failed to appear in front of the judge on TWO separate occasions -- when he was supposed to prove he completed his probation requirements ... and on July 25, 2011 a judge issued a warrant for his arrest.

Earlier today, LAPD officers went to Kid's home and took him into custody. We're told the rapper was "extremely cooperative."

Kid is still being held at an L.A. jail -- bail has been set at $26,000.

PRO US

meatplow: 5 minutes ago

Me first!
------------------------------
@meatplow:

You're not first, dumbo. LOL

PRO US

@meatplow: You're first and second. How much money did you your earn or win by doing that? You must be pretty bored. LOL

Rotter

I think he left part of his brain back in his big hair.

PRO US

Showing up in court for his appearances would have been "extremely cooperative" and smarter.

Master Po

Lmao this happened a year ago and it made zero news outlets.

Joao

"...3 years probation, ordered to complete an alcohol education program, attend 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and pay more than $1,400 in fines and penalties."

Well I guess had the court treated him as they would a non "celebrity" he would have appeared in court. I blame that effed-ed California multi-tired "justice" system

Clay the don sippin Dom P daily like John.

I was in MN and was at the club with KID culpepper and tommy davidson. Tommy Davidson almost got his ass kicked cause he said some smart stuff to a dude's chick. I move to El Paso and this girl was like KID from KidNPlay is here, I was like STFU. I told him about the club in MN and he was like coo and I took a shot with him. Really coo dude. Crazy thing is my rap group name is DEM DAM KEYIDS. Bump our **** at my-space. we got twita too.

Cujeaux

Why does he have a shocked look on his face in every damn that's taken of him?

fozbone

Yeah...Kid seemed cool. I saw him at Rosco's Chicken and waffles a couple of years ago. He still looked good.

Fallopia Lopez

Dude looks like Peter Lorre.

Christy

I hope Lindsay is reading this. The knock will come Lindsay, the knock will come!!

Jodi

He should have taken care of his business. Now he has to come up with bail money PLUS he still has to pay the $1400 in fines he was ordered to pay in 2010 AND pay a lawyer to get him out of the trouble he's in now for never appearing in court the first time. Wow...dude how stupid can you be.

tiw786

kid needs to be ashamed of himself. but i guess when all the fame is gone & UR ALL WASHED UP THIS IS WHAT HAPPINS
turn to drinking.....

Crystal

Damn KId!!!!!!! Handle your business.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

That camera man should be atleast 25 feet away from that face when taking a picture. Time has not been kind to him. YIKES!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments