George Lopez Jokes

I was Fired 'Because I'm Brown'

8/11/2011 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez
George Lopez wasn't afraid to talk about his show getting canceled on "Lopez Tonight" yesterday -- but he told the crowd that he was being fired because of the color of his skin.

Lopez -- whose voice was featured in the "Smurfs" movie -- was talking about how Sony has greenlit a "Smurfs" sequel during his monologue ... and quipped, "So today I lost some work because I'm brown, but I got some work because I'm blue!"

Is Lopez REALLY blaming race ... or was he just trying to crack a bad joke?

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

darwin

WOW I AM GOING TO MIZZ YOUR SHOW IT WAS GREAT

c passeri

He is not funny and has always been racist.He's just getting his Karma for dumping his wife after she donated a kidney to save his no account life. Look at him all red faced and fat AGAIN.

c passeri

george lopez is racist with a capital R. I never watched his show for that reason.

c passeri

Karma and Krama are a biatch

dissapointed

It's evident George has political aspirations and is trying to garner the Latino vote. His tendency to give situations ethnic overtones when it is not relevant was demonstrated in his AP interview. The comment about Conchata Ferrel was superflous.

Sassy

I've been trying to find out what happened to George's show. I don't think he played the race card. I do however think TBS used him to get ratings...and in the beginning he did. Once established they move Coco in his slot. Of course George's show lack ratings because of the time change. I particularly did not want to wait for Coco to finish to that I could watch George's show. I must get up real early to go to work and could not afford losing any sleep. This is the card Coco played on him along with TBS is just politics. Coco should be canceled too...you'll see karma is a b**ch. Good luck George, lesson learned, dust yourself up and go on to another project.

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23