George Lopez Jokes

I was Fired 'Because I'm Brown'

8/11/2011 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez
George Lopez wasn't afraid to talk about his show getting canceled on "Lopez Tonight" yesterday -- but he told the crowd that he was being fired because of the color of his skin.

Lopez -- whose voice was featured in the "Smurfs" movie -- was talking about how Sony has greenlit a "Smurfs" sequel during his monologue ... and quipped, "So today I lost some work because I'm brown, but I got some work because I'm blue!"

Is Lopez REALLY blaming race ... or was he just trying to crack a bad joke?

Rodger

He was fired because his is one of the most un-funny humans alive.

Ahna Nymous

No, you weren't fired because you're brown. You were fired because you cheated on your wife who gave you a KIDNEY and people lost respect for you and stopped watching your already unfunny show.

Patty

He was only given a show due to his race. He is just not funny :(

floridacajun

No you were not fired because you are mexican you were fired because no one thinks your big mouth liberal crusade for Obama is funny. Get a clue..

Selebraties Suck

Isn't this the same reason he gave when his OTHER show was cancelled?

C Powers

This is the 2nd time George has played the race card after getting cancelled. Face it George, people were no*****ching.

E.J.

You were not fired because you're brown. You were fired because you're a cabrón.

Shannon

He is not funny on his talk show that's why he got canned

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Wait a minute, was he necessarily playing the race card? Being "brown" --- being Hispanic --- is not considered a race but an ethnic group. So he may have been accusing NBC of ethnic bias or ethnocentrism, not racism. In any case, he's not very funny.

Joey

HE WAS FIRED BECAUSE HIS SHOW SUCKS AND HE SUCKS UP TO ALL OF HIS GUESTS. BOTTOM LINE IS JUST DO STAND UP

Muppet

Clearly a joke. Just another one in bad taste is all. It almost comes off as whiny.

JerseyJeff

I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. Typical libtard victim mentality.

elie

I think he was the funniest and most creative of all the late night talk shows. He got fired because of his political views against the tea party and the republicans. He often cracked jokes about them. the republicans and tea party people are the ones who don't want to tax those making over $250,000 a year and wealthy corporations. They don't want him to express his views. He also got fired becaseuse he is Mexican.

Chuck

Hey Georgie...How about "I was fired because I am not funny.'

Sammie

I'm so glad this a** is going to be gone.