Sesame Street

Bert & Ernie AREN'T GAY!!!

8/11/2011 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0811-bert-ernie-google3-BN
Sesame Street has finally responded to age-old rumors that Bert and Ernie are gay -- claiming the infamous room-sharing man-puppet odd couple are JUST FRIENDS ... and have no sexual orientation whatsoever.

A petition emerged online this week, urging the creators of Sesame Street to marry the two puppets -- but the Sesame Workshop just posted a message on its Facebook account, writing, "Bert and Ernie are best friends."

The statement continues, "They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves."

"Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics ... they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation."

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

0811_sesame_stars_footer

P

They sleep in seperate beds. They are puppets people! Leave it as it is. For kids!

hbosco

There's no way Bert is gay. If he was he'd have a much better fashion sense to know that turtle necks are out and to pluck that unibrow.

Maxx

This the reason why most guys dont have best friend anymore because people always think that you are gay.

DDG

It's about dam time!

mrzvalencia1

Sesame Street is a television show created to teach innocent minded toddlers such as my own. You people need to grow up and stop caring about if fictional characters that teach our children our gay. This entire gay thing has got way out of control.I really don't think my 2 small children really even think anything about Bert and Ernie's relationship, it's you several sickos out there that care way too much if 2 fictional puppets are homosexuals. Why can't you leave the innocence in anything nowadays.

Bite Me

Donde

What do you mean "finally"? Sesame Street has been saying that for years.

Gina

Who cares? The average TMZ reader is a bit old for Sesame Street anyway - at least I hope. If they're straight, whatevs. If they're gay, whatevs. If they have no sexual orientation, good for them! At least they don't have to worry about relationship drama that way.

Reita

do we have any sane people left, not everthing is sexual, only for those who have no brains. leave bret & ernie alone,

robert

for someone to even come up the idea that bert and ernie are gay, theres something wrong with these people upstairs......its a kid show!!!the friggin world is so screwed up these days. years ago nobody even thought about these stupid ideas.

andy

"JUST FRIENDS ... and have no sexual orientation whatsoever."

Yeah, . . . because, that happens a lot!!!!!!
I think the clothing of these two tells us all that we need to know!!!
GOOD TIMES.

Hear_Me_Out

What's the big deal about Bert & Ernie supposedly being gay? I rather like the idea of them getting 'married.' I've always thought the pair taught tolerance. While my children are long grown I had used the couple to explain that it's perfectly acceptable for two men or two women to form a loving bond and be a family. There's nothing shameful or odd about that. Whatever... I'm not telling my children or grandchildren otherwise.

Tim Ryan

Come Sesame Workshop, Look at the facts!

1,( Two guys living together in the Greenwich Village section of NYC for over 40 years,
2.) Share the same bedroom for over 40 years.
3.) Love to sing songs to each other for over 40 years.
4.) Love to sing duets to each other for over 40 years.
5.) One is very anal retentive who does the laundry and the majority of the chores.
6.) The other is short & stocky with a lot of hair. (A Bear)
7.) Bert himself tweeted on the Official Sesame Street Twitter account: “Ever notice how similar my hair is to Mr. T’s? The only difference is mine is a little more ‘mo,’ a little less ‘hawk.’”

I could go on byt the real clincher is both Bert & Ernie have speant over 40 years with someone else's hand up their butt! ;)

Billy

Stupid liberal agenda trying to force gay and lesbian crap on kids in kindergarten. F all the Gays and Lesbians (unless they are hot). No one gives a crap what you do but I can promise I'll never vote for gay marriage because of crap like this.

Hear_Me_Out

So the creators of Sesame Street claim Bert and Ernie aren’t have no sexual orientation. Miss Piggy certainly does. Look at her ample exposed breasts and the deep panting way she breathes when she gets near Kermit The Frog. She obviously wants banged by the amphibian. While her desires are clearly heterosexual the fact that she wants sexual contact with a different species is a wee bit disturbing. She also sexually harasses Kermit. He tries to avoid her affection yet she won’t take ‘no’ for an answer. I’m fine with Bert and Ernie being a gay couple. At least they appear to have healthy boundaries. Miss Piggy even has a history of violence if feel spurned my Kermit. Case in point her Karate moves. What do you think of that?