Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

snowcat

Too Bad,I remember him on Celebrity Fit Club...was he on Celebrity Rehab too? Geez,the celebrities doing VH1 shows are dropping like flies lately.

When he wasn't loaded he seemed to be a nice guy.RIP Janie

IGuessSo

Damn. Sorry to hear this.

mid

r.i.p.

Cella

I remember meeting him at Long Beach Arena during (if I can remember correctly) a New Years Eve show Warrant did with Poison. I wasn't a big Warrant fan, but I did like his voice.

Anyway he was wasted when I met him, but I was wasted too so it evened out the situation.

He was a very sweet person, helluva a nice guy. I'm sorry he's gone. RIP Jani.

Sad

TMZ forgot to mention that Jani had turned his life around in the last year or so. He was clean and sober...and was on a good path in his life...He will be missed. Toughts are with his family and friends.

Jeff

"Heaven" was Warrant's biggest hit (#1), not "Cherry Pie".

Johnny Rocket

8 Ball and a Hooker probably the ROCK STAR WAY!
Hope he got a GOOD BIG BUSTED PIECE of ASS and was wasted then never felt a thing!
R.I.P. DUDE
SEX, DRUGS-& ROCK N ROLL ARE JUST LIKE A GUN , YOU LIVE BY IT YOU DIE BY IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. You make our choices in life and he made his along time ago when he bought into the Glam and Fame andd went the fake name route and fell in Love with a VIDEO HO named Bobbi Brown that broke him up into pieces and he was never able to put himself together again HUMPTY DUMPTY Style, very unfortunate dude even with a fortunate, if not short career.
His background here in Mayberry RFD/Orlando did not prepare him for the L.A. biyatches that will chew you up and spit you out, they do that here though I must admit.
We got our Casey Anthony Evil witches too!
It has happened to the best of us and will happen again. If you don't want severe pain inn your life try to find a woman that is not a party girl! Even if Bobbi Brown tried to tighten up later in life she was loose and lived the life where she met him and then boned more ROCK STARS after the divorce and broke this dudes soul and started the major downward spiral that just took him out! Way to go HO! The children of these 2 are the real victims believe it! Fame and Money are a drug worst that the Coke & Booze!
Maybe it is really Fame that Killed him like so many others!

Mrs. E

86- 92 Greatest years for Rock n Roll.. Talented singers and talented musicians. Unlike most of the bands for the past 20 years, over using auto tune, and can't write, sing, or play their instruments if they tried.

BSweet

Bummer.

bunny

I take it he lost his Cherry Pie (best 80's video ever).

Wayne

Dax was just on FOX 9 In MPLS, MN. He called Jani Lane she numerous times, I am pretty sure he is a he. Eventhough he/she kinda looked like a chick.

Holli~Peno

so sad.rest in peace.

Kim

RIP Jani...and for all the comments saying stupid **** about a death of any person just shows me this world is more than f___KD up with people that just don't care about anyones life or Death? I mean to say mean things about a man YOU DID NOT know amazes the he11 outta me? Did he do something to you? Did his 47 years in this world effect your daily lives??? Doubtful? Did he personally Hurt YOU the looser hidding behind the key board to say nasty things about a death I don't care HOW HE died did he hurt anyone? Did HE kill his any of his kids throw them in the trunk of his car, then dispose of that child like trash? NOOOOOOO!!!....So you pathetic fools that live day to day just to write stupid comments about a man that did nothing but (TO the people that liked it)give us music that will live on...So SHUT THE F___K UP and if any one in you immediate family EVER passes from anything even if it was from drugs or booze I hope you stop and remember what a jerk you were for the way you think about someone that was loved, was a son, father, brother, friend that are mourning his passing...Jani really doesn't care what you think of him....he's DEAD....fu__K BAGS!!!!

chuck

RIP brother...sad sad day

cindy

I grew up with all that music,but, quite frankly, I never cared much for him or his stupid cherry pie song. although, I hope he's at peace. I know he stuggled with alcohol.