Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Zo

Had a chance to work with him @ the label I was with in the mid-late 90's .. He was above all else, a nice guy .. RIP

Tommy Gunn

It's hard not to feel like you failed after being on of the many talking to Jani at the Rehab where t attend AA Meetings and sat with Jani a few time to lend support as another musician that got clean..

Michelle Ireland

I am sorry to hear that Jani Lane passed away. I grew up listening to his music back in the '80s. He will be missed.

Jjibe

I guess Heaven wasn't too far away...

Chase Borchard

Just learned about Jani's death when I woke up this morning, never did realize that he passed yesterday I was busy writing my book and this morning I seen it all.... Jani Lane will be missed greatly he had amazing talent a great singer, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family... RIP Jani Lane.

Shelly

I really wish people would have some respect for the dead!Who cares if you liked them,or how they died!They're dead and we can't bring them back and their family and friends are mourning for them.I've read a bunch of smart ass comments on here,written right after the man died.What's wrong with you people???????

mery lisa

here is some thing special for guys check this out... http://goo.gl/ZMcaI

Danelda Robbins

Um, did I miss something? I must have because I simply did not see the part of the info that said he died of anything drug related for certain and its silly to think that just because a person had a drug history (whether they inhaled or not) that it means their death is drug related. believe or not people who drink alcohol and/or use drugs get cancer, have heart attacks, and get hit by cars or lightning and totally unrelated to drugs. wow didnt realize the coroner working so quickly these days to have already been able to determine the cause of death or was that simply determined by people who have no clue and no idea what the hell they are talking about and just want to feel important talking bad about someone out of what is likely nothing but pure spite and jealosy. I mean to those people who made those comments that were not very nice did u even know the man? and lets say u did and maybe u even had some bad blood or ill feelings between the two of u. Did those feeling carry onto the mans child? parents, friends, fans because the man is gone u cant hurt him with anything u say but i'll bet his mother or his child or others in his life feel a form of hurt and or anger and just bad feelings reading such things written by someone who likely did not know him and if they ever did have a chance to meet him probably would have peed their pants being all star struck. as for the comment about ugly, i may be wrong but somehow got the impression the commenter was male well actually for what im gonna say does not matter cuz im bi but as for ugly i thought he was pretty damned cute and know women all over the country would have done him too (only i didnt do musicians at that time due to low self esteem n high competition) and i can tell u right now mr or ms crap commenter no matter what u look like urself with an attitude such as yours and a person willing to hurt an innocent child already grieving for the loss of their father thats just sick. what did that child do to u? and with a child abusing jealous just downright ugly attitude no matter what ur physical appearance and throw in a fat bank book most memebers of the opposite sex would want nothing to do with someone who would cause an innocent child and grieving mother further hurt. I had the honor to meet the man and have to respect him as a musician deserving of such. I sure as hell couldn't sing like that. Could u crappy commenters or is it more likely that the only people who would appreciate ur vocal abilities are all deaf. Sorry to go on one there but u have no right hurting this family especially an innocent child u sick **** (whats wrong with u anyways. makes me wanna puke) and I apologize for those crappy commenters on behalf of others as well as myself who are human being and do have lives and respect the loss of a life of someone the family and especially the child has lost. i do hope those who made those comments will rethink them and offer apologies to family and friends of this man. only heartfelt true apologies. Sympathy and support in ur time of grief to his mother child and all who loved him- Very Sincerely, Danelda

Shelly

I'm shocked!What happened to respecting the dead?I don't know how some can get on here and make hateful comments about Jani the day after he died!Are these people craving attention this bad that they don't care about Jani's family and friends feelings,just to get on here and scribble something?Doesn't anyone have HEART these days?What's wrong with you people????(I'm not talking about the ones that are really mourning Jani's death.I'm talking about the little piss ants that are leaving comments even when they're saying they don't know who he is,which is a crock of ****,anyway.

Hugomarink

I never liked Warrant but am sad to see this terrible news. The guy was probably doing coke, satisfying the demons in some lonely hotel room, away from those who would give him a hard time for his problems. It sucks, and a sad way to go. I wish his family and friends the best in this difficult time.

K-Dog

****?!!!! I did a wiki on these guys a few days ago.They made some pretty decent songs back in the day but got washed up when Nirvana and Alice in Chains came on the scene.This is much sadder and more of a shock than Amy Winehouse.

ART C

WHO..DON'T WASTE THE TIME, ANOTHER DEAD ADDICT

johnjohn

he spent his whole life bitching about cherry pie and how it ruined his life.but he got money fame and bobbie brown from it Waah

Kristi

So shocked! I am so saddened over this. RIP Jani. You were loved and will always be loved.
"heaven isn't too far away, closer to it every day"

Fred Kadett

Tragic, but who was he? Never heard of him.