Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Sherry

R.I.P Jani, all my fond memories of you coming to the Akron Agora Club, to see your Friends band Kidd Wicked play. I am sure Billy Morris miss ya' I do.

john johnson

r.i.p., the music was great back then.

Hollywacker71

First Concert I ever went to!! RIP Jani, may you find peace!!

Sally

For those of you out there that can't say a kind word about someone that just passed away...you should be ashamed!! This man has a family that is going through hell right now. It doesn't matter what caused it, he had people that loved him and would never have wanted to see this happen to him. Is this what you would want people to say about a member of your family if this happened to them? Yeah, I didn't think so. Rest in peace Jani. May you find there what you couldn't find here.

demoncat

sympathy goes out to his family and friends for the loss of a unique talent. sad that he seemed to have every thing going for him only to wind up dead long before his time.

Jen

Your voice rocked my world! Still does! My of my favorite 80's bands! RIP

russ

r.i.p. jani i will miss you

transwizard

what's the old saying if u play with fire you will get burnt

janet leber

few years ago i was lucky to meet jani lane in florida. he was a very nice man and awesome,the only memory i have is a pic with he and i and a autograph. love u jani we will miss you.

Dana

If he died of a different disease, like cancer, would the same people still make stupid, nasty comments about his death?

Tim Harl

Sooooo Many great memories from the younger years when I hear any Warrant song.....Rest In Peace Jani, The kids of our generation will miss you. :(

bozo

So what? he's been dead for a while but walking around like a zombie with no talent. good riddance.

MP

That's very sad. Warrant and all those bands were popular when I was in middle school. I loved Warrant's Heaven song. Just think, if all these people never started taking drugs in the first place most of these situations wouldn't happen.

Carey

Such a sad and sickening piece of news, but unfortunately not unexpected. I was thinking he was getting better, but alcoholism is a bitter pill. I hope he is at peace now at least.

Aerotica

Goodbye Cherry Pie Guy! Rest In Peace!