Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Mary

Jani, this world is a sadder place without our smile, without your sng, without your passion for sports, for life, for all the talent you had, for all that you were, our friend, forever missed, forever loved, Mary and Jerry

Tina ybarra

Sad to lose another one to booze and pills. Never a big Warrant fan but nobody should go out like that. Was talking to a friend about Warrant last friday. Caught them in a small club in the late 80's. A bit too puffy for me, wierd though, hadn't thought about them in years. RIP dude.

María Isabel Lulli

I felt sorry when I heard on the morning of the death of Jani Lane left us a great singer had a beautiful voice gave me a lot penase we were a rock singer gan

Annie

R.I.P <3

Ingrid

Shut the **** up you nobody losers.....RIP Jani...How I love the way you look and the sparkle in your eye...there's a color deep inside it like the blue suburban skies...... :)

ray

yes i have been a big fan of Jani’s since1989 & seen him many times since then, very talented song writer and one of my favorite vocalist who was mutli-talented and his voice was great.They always put on a good show and he never stopped believing in his music. I was looking forward to hearing Jabberwocky his side project.People should listen to all there albums, you will get hooked or at least say"hey he was really good". Rest in “Heaven” Jani. My condolences to his family.

Demi

Very spiritually evolved people commenting, huh? Maube they will be the ones next at the Motel 6 on some blue collar town. KARMA will find you wherever you are at.

Angela

RIP Jani. I am a 80s 90s kid and I like warrant. Jani had a beautiful voice and was very talented. I saw him in 2002 and he was cool and talked to his fans. Its very sad how he died all alone in a hotel room. RIP Jani:(

Nancy R.

So sad. Jani was so talented. I remember seeing Warrant play at Chuck Landis's Country Club in Reseda 25 years ago. Wow...such a loss at such a young age. RIP Jani...

Chris

Sorry to here about Jani. We all have our demons, past or present. Nevertheless, he was a talented singer and songwriter. I always thought Warrant was very underrated. A lot of great tunes besides Cherry Pie and Heaven... "I Saw Red", "Uncle Tom's Cabin", "Blind Faith", "Mr. Rainmaker", "32 Pennies", and more. Thanks for the music that you left us. RIP

sharyn

R.I.P the good ole days of warrant will live on!!

kk

Hard to imagine that I will never see Jani perform again. He was such a talent, singer and songwriter too. Around 2001, we went to see Warrant tour again in Duluth, and they were every bit as good as they were in the 80's! Donna and I still listen to Warrant at all our parties! RIP Jani...but we remember you and wont forget how you touched our teen years. And "Heaven isnt too far away"...

Laurel

So sad. I considered Jani a friend, alwasy nice and a gentleman. My thoughts go out to his family. I saw LA Guns play tonight and Phil Lewis read an emontional ode that he had written for Jani. I was a beautiful monent. Jani will be missed, may he rest in peace.

Jason

i feel sadness for his family most of all. thanks for all the songs - music he help write. from one songwriter to another he signed my lyric books of songs i was writing. songs live forever, just not us. :(

amie

what a sad day it is when we judge the way we do. we are not god, nor should we play god. i loved all the big hair bands. with out them there would not have been grunge. i think they had more talant then these newbes. in the end we all have are own problems, even celebs have same issues as we do. you are truly missed and not just for you music but for being you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!