Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Dana

R.I.P.Jani...Your music inspired my youth and you will be greatly missed by many.So Sad to hear about your death.My condolences to your family and fans.

Kathleen Ryan

Dear Jani,

I know your at the door of Heaven. When you enter and if you see Michael Hutchence, could you give him a hug for me.

Rest in Peace brother. You will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Kathleen Ryan
Syracuse, NY

Tracey

that sucks.....rest in peace brother

lion862

Hey BOBBI BROWN? You happy now? You won ! You racked him good you gold digging bitch.

marko

R.I.P Jani Lane!!
I loved this band Warrant and loved Jani Lane.
My Friend Larry Micheals who married Joey's sister.
Is very saddend to hear the news as well.
God Bless.
Mark Roberts

Chely

What a shame! RIP Jani. Heaven isn’t too faraway,closer to it every day...

OMG

ROCK STAR DEAD IN A CHEEP HOTEL ROOM "no big shock there"

Reverend Flash

I just saw the 'Cherry Pie' video on VH1 today. I thought "Wow, look at the hot chick in this video." Of course, I meant Jani Lane. Now, just a few hours later, I hear he's dead? I was never big on Warrant, but I had a bunch of friends who were, so it's still a bummer.

laurie fleming-green

i met jani when he pulled me on stage in bay city michigan 18 years ago we drink jack daniels with the lead guiter player good memmories!

Bonnie

Sorry to hear of the loss of Jani Lane. The world will miss you and your talent.

MISTER BONES

it's a sad loss,he will surely be missed.we had alot of good times back in the bar band times.he kicked some florida ass.

Mike

Kurt Cobain killed Jani and his painted crew back in 1991....and now his physical being has been mercifully snuffed out in 2011. What a GREAT year so far, hopefully Brett Michaels and Glenn Beck will round out the death pool by the end of this lovely year

jaze Pj

I'm sad about his death.I'm a hugh fan of Warrant when I was in Universty.Heaven is my favorit which I always sing along.Heaven is not too far away.Closer to it everyday..I hope you're in heaven now.I miss you.

Schweeet

omg! c'mon ppl! this is NOT a joke! the man passed away from unknown causes at only 47 years o****e! grow up! joke about bad taste or an awful song or performance but respect the wellness of the mans loved ones during this time! its real-put urself in their place!! ur shameful!!

Kristina Touirtou

Yes Steven you are so very right. Jani did have a heart of gold, he was the sweetest man I had met. My daughter was about 9 at the time and she was with my mom to pick me up after the show. The rest of warrant was inside the club. She was too young to get into the club but his girlfriend at the time was there and took her in to meet the band. Jani did not do a meet and great he was on the bus. When she went on the bus and told him about a little girl that had heart problems was wanting to meet him, he told her to come out there and get us. I took my daughter onto his bus and we hung out for like an hour with him. He was the coolest and nicest person you would ever want to meet. Met him again and hung out with him in 2003.I wish people would stop bashing Jani by saying just another drunk gone!!!!!! They all need to use their brains and realize that drug addiction and alcoholism is a disease and some people just can't get away from it. We all have our demons. Wish everyone who says these cruel things really had the chance to know what a wonderful person he really was, he truly had a heart of gold. Jani we love you, thanks for all of the music and the memories and the fun times when I got to meet you you will truly be missed rest with god now,and be happy at last cause your demons can't drag you down anymore.RIP!!!!!