Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Jason

Video I shot of Jani last year..in HD. Sounded awesome!

Greg Lauderdale

I am very sad to see this loss :(
He was a great talent, and voice :) -- I feel great sympathy for the music worls, and much sympathy for his loved one's that will go on :(
Thanks ,

dlvanerem

Using the song Cherry Pie when talking about the passing of Janie Lane is like sticking the knife in and turning it. Janie hated the song Cherry Pie and he wrote it as a joke because the record producers wanted something to send out as a single.

doesnt matter

some of you people are truly heartless. this man had a family that is trying to deal with the loss of one they loved this was someones son and father. my parents always taught me if you have nothing nice to say about someone dont say anything at all. maybe you needed better parental guidance think about that before you criticize others.

Brenda

I know. This is so sad. It's devastating. I'm so lost for words. Jani Lane was a beautiful & gorgeous man. Awesome voice. I'll sure miss him.
~RIP Jani Lane~

Brenda

Why do some of you talk such SH_T about people when they die? What has Jani Lane ever done to any of you stupid worthles*****ers? NOTHING! Jani Lane has done nothing to all you haters! You should be ashamed. All you SH_T talking *******s are an embarrassment. You think it makes you sound like your Macho? Well, it does not!!! Sounds alot like jealousy to me.

Metaldrummer

RIP hate to lose another metal brother Prayers sent to Lane Family.

Kristenmd

Noooooo!!!!! Loved him in College and still have their CD's in my Truck. My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP JKO...

bobby

rip jani. i hope it was an accident and not intentional........

courtney

I'm no fan of metal rock but this person is a human being my heart goes out his family and friends may he rest in peace

NICK DEKOULOS

I just read about Jani Lane from Steven Adler. I am so upset. They are one of the main reasons I still listen to Rock after so many years.I always loved WARRANT and was always hoping they would tour EUROPE and visit Greece too. "Heaven isn't too far away" indeed...
RIP man and ROCK HEAVEN TO PIECES! WE WILL MISS YOU!!!

dennis ellis

Man what a bummer!!!! I grew up with and still listen to the 80's rock.I will miss him very much! Warrent will always be a fav of mine.I see that Nikki Sixx and Slash are also friends and saddened by this tragedy.They too are favs of mine.The Crue and G&R are still rockin in my mind.To all the fans out there keep on rockin.I will not forget an icon like Janie.Nikki if you read this reply,let me tell you,you guy's still rock the world in my book,and I would love to meet you and the band.If you ever get in Toledo Ohio,look me up and let's party.I have been a long time fan opf all the hair bands.I am 40 yrs old and this is still my favorite music.Sincerely Dennis

Tra' Marlow

john(Jani) was a remarkable man and a TRUE Artist. I wish his Brother, Parents and his Daughters all the Love in the world and hope they know how much He Loved you all

Denise

All you people leaving these awful comments really ought to be ashamed of yourself! Jani had a family that loved him and they are hurting bad right now. You should have some respect! If you didn't like him why bother commenting? Just to be evil! Maybe he wasn't perfect and maybe he had an addiction... you're not perfect either and I'm sure have problems of your own obviously or you wouldn't be on here leaving ugly comments. Jani was a wonderful person and a very talented man! Please stop the rude and nasty comments if for no other reason for his children who just lost their father. They are hurting so bad right now. Have you ever lost someone you loved? Have a heart. If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all! RIP Jani!!!! You were loved by so many and will be missed. My prayers go out to Jani's family. God bless all of you!!!!

melisa kemper

Take everything I own ... destination unknown. RIP Janie. For all the 80's fans we say good bye to someone whos music touch our lives. Heaven really isnt too far away Janie. this really breaks my heart. We have lost a friend today.