Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

GEEKDROP.COM

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Janie really WAS one unbelievably underrated singer/songwrite/musician. Go to YouTube and watch a bunch of the old, live, Warrant shows and you'll see what music really SHOULD be like, instead of all this auto-tuned crap on the radio these days.

R.I.P. Janie :'(

Rob

At first glance I thought it was Bret Micheals then I saw the pic again and was just blown away that Jani Lane passed on , he was a great singer My favorite song by Warrant is '' Heaven '' I love the power ballads and my other two songs by Warrant are '' Uncle Tom's Cabin '' and '' Cherry Pie '' RIP Jani you will be missed by your fans and to all the haters who are bashing on his sudden death GROW THE HELL UP you people are a bunch jack offs that have nothing better to do then to rip people apart when they die, you all should be very ashamed of your selves.

Seleena Patric

R.I.P -- Jani Lane Found Dead, ex-Warrant Singer http://t.co/RhIW7pW via @youtube

Dragana

I can't believe the disrespectful comments people are posting.
RIP Jani, I grew up listening to Warrant and have many fond memories with the music. Danke Schön !

Pretty LL

Rest in peace Jani. I hope his family finds the strength to get through this. Two children. That is really tough

pirategirl

He had an amazing voice...RIP...hope you find peace, man.

luck

I don't know much about him. Having said that, this is a tragedy and reading some of these nasty comments makes me sick to my stomach. You people who have zero empathy are the reason the world is so Fd up. Read up on Karma, may do you some good.

Dave

OK loved Warrant back in the day but who can say they didn't see this coming ! This guy wasn't looking good and hadn't for years.

Rotten Puppets

I guess you can say the end for him was "The Bitter Pill"

Tamrampler

When one of you haters ends up with cancer or some other life threatening disease I hope to GOD EVERYONE turns their backs on you...Rest In Peace Jani...

david

God bless his kids...

Char_Treuse

Rock in Peace, Jani Lane.

Cujeaux

Why is every comment interspersed with 'shame on you's' for people who didn't like the guy or his music? You're probably the same people who were ragging on Amy Winehouse a week ago. There aren't THAT many negative comments on here. If Jani's wife and family are taking the time to read these posts so soon after he died it says more about them than it does about us (non-fans.)

Sorry if we aren't fans o*****uy who contributed to the demise of innovative and integrated music on MTV in favor of copycat, no talent hair bands. Strip away Cherry Pie guy's spandex and hair spray and you'll see what precious little musical talent he had. That's probably why he took to the bottle. He knew it as well.

If I offended any fans of Cherry Pie Guy, who lived a life of excess and drove drunk at least twice, putting many people in harms way, then left his corpse for a hard working maid to happen upon - I sincerely apologize.

david

cujeaux your just a bitter little prick...i bet not too many people like to be around you...you suck

Cujeaux

David: just don't tell me I suck more than CPG's music. That would be crushing.