Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Kay

The another great Kick Ass band in the 80's!!! Love Warrant!! Hate to see Jani get dragged threw the mud before we know anything....natural causes? ...80's Partying??? ....late 40's (me) Stroke or heart my guess

david

its not about his music man...its about his two kids...i have two also and it crushes me to think about my kids going through that...i wouldnt wish that on nobody...just have some respect and dont say anything online that you wouldnt say in front of people thats all

Murphman

Never liked him, but this sucked! Hey kids arent drugs and alcohol kewl? 47 is much too young. Just think..If he was still alive he might have eventually wrote some music that wasnt complete crap. Hey with the law of averages an all..you never know.

Bob

Dang man, I met him at the Red Eye Rock club in North Royalton with my friend Billy Morris. He was a nice dude when he wasn't on the sauce and I knew he had a really bad problem with it but this is still pretty young to die. But...whatever the reason...he had a great persona on stage most of the time and had a great voice once upon a time.

Mistress Dupree

May he rest,in peace!

Mistress Dupree

May he rest,in peace!

Cujeaux

Hey david, if one of your kids becomes a democrat will you call them an idiot too?

Linda

On the Jani Lane article----did you guys pull this article a little while ago? When I clicked on it to read, the page said "page not found" on this site, not an msn thing. So then I typed in his name and the DUI info came up and I thought maybe that's what it was and he was okay. Anyhow, please let me know why I only got the DUI info earlier---approximately 11 PM Pacific time, is when I first tried to access the story. Thanks in advance!

Kat

Heaven isn't too far away, dude. RIP.

Brenda

Really some people comments here are disgusting.His family are probably reading some of the comments (think about this before you comment on this story). Would you want to read some of these hurtful comment if one of your loved ones had just died? Lets have some respect here!!!

3Storms

That's a shame. Rest in peace, and hopefully now he won't be tortured

Tracy

I am in shock, I grew up listening to Warrant, had posters all over my room. Makes me so sad someone so young has passed regardless of the cause. To all the people saying hateful things, clearly you have to much time on your hands. Makes me loose faith in human compassion. RIP Jani, my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends

Strokadellic

He hated that f*cking song...definitely not what he would have wanted to become his legacy.

Cliff Madosh

RIP Jani Lane. I loved your vocals. I've attended many of the old Warrant concerts. I was hoping you would kick your bad habits and return to Warrant to make them complete. I'll never forget your shows and songs.

Joey Boots

How sad to be found dead at a COMFORT INN.....That's not Rock n' Roll!!! Why couldn't he die at The Chateau Marmont?