Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

karen darvin

rip too young the demons won

RealityBites

Not a surprise, he was a dead man walking for years, such a troubled soul. If anyone needed help it was him. RIP Jani.

jdneighbo

I personally didn't care for the band or their music, but people saying that he was a hack or lacked talent are making comments that have no credibility. The fact is, this dude wrote and/or co-wrote two albums of music that were hits and sold millions of copies worldwide. If that's not talent, then i don't know what talent is...

Soetoro

Heaven isn't too far away, closer to it everyday.........

niles

We have lost a true wordsmith who wrote these immortal lines:
Huh, swingin' in the livin' room, swingin' in the kitchen
Most folks don't 'cause they're too busy bitchin'
Swingin' in there 'cause she wanted me to feed her
So I mixed up the batter and she licked the beater
RIP

evilnoah

RIP Jani!! Every time I hear Down Boys, I remember summer football practice in High school... awesome memories!

INeedFacebookFriends.com

im surprised the TMZ line isn't Cherry Pie Guy Dies Holding Burger and Fries.

Pablo

Really sad to see Jamie pass. I really hoped he would sort out his alcoholism. RIP!

G-Baby

"Heaven isn't too far awayyy...."

suzycreamcheese

RIP Jani

alejandro

i'm so sad! He was a great singer!!! My condolences to his family from Argentina. It's a very sad notice.

Chris Wise

Man, that is tragic.. Warrant website has not responded yet (warrantrocks.com), hopefully they will respond..

Poop McPooperStein

Warrant sucked anyway. I met their guitar player years ago and he was so full of himself. He acted like they were a awesome huge rock band with tons of money. He had ugly bleach blonde hair just like Jani Love and it was permed as well. These morons need to figure out their limits. I've been doing drugs for 10+ years and never OD'd.

Evil

Even Heaven isn't too far away from a Comfort Inn.....DOH!

mya_pinion

What a friggen trip, I heard cherry pie like an hour ago while watching My Name is Earl. 47 is so young. Whenever I hear of a celebrity dying in a hotel room, the 1st person that comes to my mind is Chris Farley. Jani Lane rest in paradise.