Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

Patricia

****! Another good one gone-what the hell is going on lately? Enough is enough-I have always loved the music of Warrant and still listen to it today-guess there wont EVER be a reunion now!!!!!

tony

not funny bout super 8 i cant tell you how much he touched my life april 2031 the bitter pill and its sad the news wont cover this the mst talented song writer i ever knew is gone

Amy

Some of you people are so rude and disrespectful, but what else would you exspect from todays generation. No manners or appreciation for anything.

Foss

Let me guess? Natural causes? No! Murder? No! Drugs? Oh yes!

GroovusMaximus

You guys SUCK! The guy is dead! He wrote some cool songs and obviously had some problems and all y'all can do is be a**holes? Really?

E

You are truly a F#CKING idiot!! All your comments on the TMZ 'news' confirm your ignorance.

GroovusMaximus

E

I'm shocked by those insensitive people, who've posted negative things about someone who has just passed. I went to an alcohol/drug treatment center with Jani. We both have young daughters the same age and he was an exceptionally KIND being. Addiction KILLS!!! Just look at the other "celebrities" taken before their time, Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse...etc. And those others who're ACTIVELY abusing (I'll refrain from naming names, out of respect). They are currently doing INSANE things in their addiction. Have some compassion!! His mother, his daughter, his TRUE friends will miss the kind, gentle TALENTED soul dearly!!
Instead of taking the time to write ignorant **** about someone's existence. Do something productive with yours!!!

Casey

So Sorry to hear this sad News! Loved Warrent Alot & Jani was very talented.He was to young to Die! RIP Jani,You will be missed by so many........

jennifer Gasaway

YOU people are ignorant! A mans life was lost he was a son possibly uncle and friend to people! SHAME on you. He made lots of money back in the day WHAT are you doing with your life? It doesnt matter how he left this earth the point is as I said a young mans life was lost at a young age.

dan

R.I.P..jani it's really sad

karen

it is true?? im so sad i cant believe it, a part of glam has dead today

m

So sad...he has a little girl! RIP Jani.

Samantha

R.I.P. Jani.. One of the nicest and sweetest men I have ever spoken to. Such a sad day :(

Trev

Anybody notice how few "hair metal" rockers have died thru the years, compared to the higher % of "grunge rockers"... Maybe the hair guys were a little bit smarter.. RIP Jani.. Anybody who has,or had, any problem with your music, is an idiot...All you did was right fun, rock and roll songs....Anybody who looks down on THAT, is pathetic..