Warrant

Jani Lane Will Be Missed

8/12/2011 9:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane
Past and present members of Warrant are mourning the loss of their old frontman Jani Lane -- claiming, "He was a true talent and will be missed by all of us."

The band released a collective statement on their website moments ago, on behalf of all former and current members -- adding, "We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Jani's passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family."

"Jani was a very important part of our lives for a long time. We will always be incredibly proud of the music we created together."

aquanet

Very sad. They all owe their careers to Jani. He wrote ALL their songs. Sorry to see him go.

DC

I'd like the people posting nasty jerkoff comments on the other Jani threads to state what they've done in life that is going to get them in the news when they die. They must be doing something so awesome, better than writing a #1 song, better than meaning alot to a generation of people, since they can deride Jani in death.

anony

Unfortunately, another guy who couldn't stop drinking.
You'd think LoHo would learn something from this and Amy Winehouse, but I doubt it.

messenger69

BACK!!

I mean I bet he liked it from BEHIND!!

RIP

tifosi44

Why is such a big deal made about some bum drinking or drugging themselves to death? Never have figured this out. Good riddance!

Stacie

Another tragedy circa Celebrity Rehab. I wonder how many interviews Dr. Drew will have and how many times he'll be shown on TV. Perhaps it's time for Dr. Drew to head to rehab to face his own addiction to fame and refer these "celebrities" to real treatment centers so that they actually have a chance at recovery.

Dirk

At least he knew when it was time to throw in the towel.

Lonnie

Tommy Gunn

I'm Very sad to find out Jani is gone. I spent time talking to Jani at the Rehab center in Pasadena Ca, I had hoped I could help him talking about my experiences and at the time having 21 years Sober and once being in band scene.. It really saddens me to lose another friend to this decease,
Good Bye Jani

Jackie

Hope the rest learn back off from drugs and alcohol.

GBeach

another death via drugs/alcohol. how sad.

Larry

Sad that a musical art form is now regarded for their hair and not their music. Because MTV, VJ's and music videos did not and could not stand the test of time. He was a stallion in his day, but sadly lived to see himself morph into an old man. May he Rest in Peace.

PRO US

Without him, there is only 1 guy in the band who was there when they were relatively popular and in their heyday. They may continue to tour to rake in the bucks but that band without him is a cover band doing cover version of the original Warrant. They're a joke now, like most bands from the 70's and 80's that are still touring with all new members that no one knows, no one cares about and no one will remember. Like Journey without Steve Perry or Chicago without Peter Cetera, it's a sad joke.

St Murphy

i have to say ..jani was one of thee best i have ever interviewed for my 80`s genre internet radio station.he was always willing to talk about everything and held NOTHING back.would even call into the station on my cell just to BS on the radio.yrs later after those days i still hold onto my recorded interviews and he will always be a highlight of my collection

musicman78

@PRO US: Actually you should do your research...the entire band is all the original members now with the exception of Robert Mason singing for them from the original Lynch Mob. Even when Jani first left back in the early 200's and 90's, there have always been at minimum 2 original members in the line up, Erik on guitar and Jerry on Bass.

Too bad about Jani, the guy had struggles, but he was an amazing song writer.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments