« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Charlie Sheen

Batting Practice

Cut Short By Injury

8/14/2011 1:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0814_charlie_sheen_ex_baseball_tmz
Charlie Sheen spent his Sunday afternoon doing what he loves the most -- no, not that ... he played baseball at Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Sheen was taking batting practice with a few of his friends when he says he ruptured the ulnar nerve in his elbow. He can barely grip the bat now and it kept him from hitting any out of the yard.

Sheen told us as long as he's playing ball, he feels just fine, saying, "I'm at home and I'm at peace."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lisa

After many years of baseball I also damaged my ulnar (it's the nerve that runs shoulder to hand) and had to have surgery. Now I've got my ulnar nerve over my muscle tissue, so when I hit my elbow it's not funny at all, it hurts severely with no muscle covering it! Hope Charlie feels better soon. I went years with ulnar pain and it's horrible!

BouncersSuck

Masheen...maintenance issue

Big Poppa

PEREZ,SAMUEL aMERICAN

Fookin charlie as mannie as i told you. can bunt in the major leagues with your ASS.

CC

Sorry TMZ but the Sleeze reports are really getting old. Is the news that slow, or do you have a TMZ staffer assigned to Sleezy in an attempt to resurrect his fizzled out career? Then again, maybe it's TMZ that getting old.

annie2

Bubbles the Chimp: I'm not real high (oops, no pun intended) on Charlie anymore but he actually always has had a passion for baseball since prior to Major League. He states that in high school he had dreams of being a ball player but knew it wasn't in the cards for him (I think he also injured himself back then, too). Just sayin'. Even his detractors note he has a massive knowledge of the game, stats, trivia, etc. and a really extensive collection of many things baseball. Everyone has an outlet of some sort, unfortunately drugs was Charlie's...hopefully baseball can take it's place.

Cujeaux

If Warlock didn't have the responsibility of having to care for another living thing I wouldn't have a problem with him. Even though his personal life is pretty disgusting, I appreciate his honesty. He doesn't try to hide who he is. I can enjoy him on a show or movie without giving a rats ass what he does in his personal life.

But - he never should have left Denise Richards for Mueller, who can probably smoke him under the table. Things fell apart for him after that. I think he took the infighting on the show much harder than people realize. He was really nutty for a while and to think it may not have been drug induced is even scarier. It was good that he stepped away from it but he was in no shape to go on tour so soon after. It's a miracle he survived it.

I don't begrudge him a the chance to get back on his feet. He will never be a good father, but at least he will be able to provide financial support to their caregivers. My guess he learned a lot from this and won't continue to make some of the same mistakes again.

Throwback kid

When is this loser going to realize that he never was an athlete! He played high school baseball before he dropped out, that was it. He is almost 50 years old and now considers himself a former jock because he played a pitcher in a lame baseball movie almost 25 years ago.
Look at Major League today and it doesn't hold up, Sheen has the body of a high school player and he's a major league pitcher? Tom Berenger is old and fat an runs like an old lady, Corbin Bernson is also old and fat and threw the ball like a girl. But according to Hollywood these guys look like pro athletes? what a joke
Shen is having a mid life crisis worse than any ex pro jock, he actually thinks he is a former ball player

NoBozo

Stay out of Arizona you disgusting old crackhead. Leave my baseball team alone.

Glenyoung101

WOW like there are so many Charlie-haters on this site!! If i didn't like someone, I wouldnt waste my time commenting on them... just saying! Makes YOU look dumber to comment on something you care nothing about!! GO WARLOCK!!!

Beer_is _Good

"Wild Thing" just isnt the same....smh

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3