MJ Tribute Concert

Gene Simmons to Perform

Despite Calling MJ a Pedophile

8/15/2011 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Tribute Concert
Pretty ironic -- Gene Simmons, who called Michael Jackson a hard-core pedophile, will perform at the MJ Tribute Concert.

Katherine Jackson was on CNN this AM, talking about the concert, when promoters revealed that KISS would be performing.

Yet Gene Simmons went on record last year -- mind you, a year after MJ died -- saying, "There is no question in my mind he molested those kids.  Not a doubt."

Simmons went on to say, "The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men."

Hate the man.  Love the music.

nof

-I was part of the creative team to bring the KISS/Ace Frehley "Eugene" concept to the big screen.

-Executive-produced and directed the follow-up "Eugene" song, wrote the "Eugene" script, etc.

-I later discovered that this, that "Eugene" was an inside joke about Gene Simmons, and by some of the KISS peeps/friends.

-But I think a lot more of Gene Simmons - than I ever did or do of Ace or any of Ace's N. Lake Sound buddies.

-Gene Simmons was and is the group KISS - if that wasn't clear back-in-the-day.

-It sure as hell is now.

"Uh, uh, Eugene..."

TMZer

Its just all business with Gene. Just like the comment he made...it made it into the headlines didn't it?! He is just in love with money! BUT...I think that the family should have thought a bit before the invite went out!!!

bjf

He's entitled to his opinion but I think it strange he agreed to perform. If I truely believed that and I was an entertainer I would not attend.

Kaila

He really will do anything for money!! This makes me sick! I don't know who is organizing this event (I think it's Kanye and Katherine, though??) but they have their heads up their butts! Why not have Murray there, too? He can do freaking standup! Go listen to "Anything for Money" by MJ, he was talking to you, too GENE! Unless he makes a public apology for what he said and takes it back there is no way I will be attending this concert. KANYE GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS and do a little research!

some guy

I think Gene wants to perform at the Jackson concert so he can get some publicity for his KISS coffins.

Never saw Gene pass up an opportunity to make a buck.

Janice Turble

Sick to my stomach that Gene is performing in this concert so more money can be made by the Jackson family on the tortured souls of all the children he molested, SHAME ON YOU GENE, NOT A FAN ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki in Monterey

Gene, you disappoint me.

3Storms

Of course he will. He's the most unapologetic shameless money whore in the whole of the entertainment industry

aquanet

I love how people say "Gene will do anything for money!" Really? Apparently, so will the Jacksons.

Do you think Gene just crashed the Jackson's money making tribute show? I'm sure Kiss can't just perform unless they are asked by the jackasons.

WHen the Jackasons give all the tickets away for free to his fans, then you can point the "do-anything-for-money finger at other people.

The Jackson family has made MILLIONS of their dead son/brother. They allowed him to do what he wanted, how he wanted when he wanted, and with whom he wanted. They turned a blind eye to it all. They didn't want to rock the gravy train.

janet

I wondered why this so called 'tribute' is in Wales? No offence to Wales...why not in the states?

Jackson had a very simple will. His Mom and kids were taken care of the rest of the Jackson family on there own. Michael Jackson made sure the rest of his money did not go to his family.

Jackson is still dead and the Jackson family outside of Rebe and Janet are still trying to sponge off of Michael Jacksons 'solo' career.

Hollie

it's all about the almight dollar bill

Kiko

And this from the guy who wrote the song "Christine 16"...

"I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
That day I knew, I knew, I've got to have you, I've got to have you..." - Gene Simmons - KISS "Cristine 16"

Buckaroobonzai

just shows you that all the jacksons care about is money. same with simmons. It's all about the benjimans! I would bet that Jermane and Randy are against it for more personal(monetary) reasons but can't admit that publically. Mommy is prob making them all do it for free so their pissed!

The Wraith

I farted ( it was kosher ) and Gene Simmons came out.
Elitist, for what? Kiss? Give me a break.

There's a problem here

Any port in a storm. Gene Simmons is almost as hard to look at as Michael Jackson was.