'Real Housewives of Bev Hills'

Keep Quiet

8/16/2011 3:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0816-real-housewives-bravo
Silence is golden for "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" -- TMZ has learned, Bravo just instructed the entire cast ... NO talking to the media about Russell Armstrong's suicide ... whatsoever.

Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, each cast member received both a phone call and an email from Bravo just hours after news broke about Russell's death -- ordering them to keep their mouths shut.

But the new directive isn't holding up production -- we're told, shooting is set to resume tomorrow as scheduled.

Right now, it's unclear if Taylor will also be returning to work at the same time.

update_bar
3:58 PM: We're told Bravo just canceled the shooting schedule for tomorrow and called a meeting for the entire cast -- it's unclear about what, but we can take a wild guess. A rep for Bravo denies they are having a meeting with the cast tomorrow.

CapeCodEddie

Funny, don't say anything until we as producers figure the best way to spin this into a ratings extravaganza as best we can. S***bags. One can just imagine.

maria

Of course she will be back asap to work ,the only important factor in her life is making millions ,she will be there ,this gold diggers only care about money,I don't saw any feeling towards him form this waxed woman ,she looks like a madame Museum wax figure really! she destroyed his life when he need the most when he was having troubles on finances she was not there she was busy making money and trashing him and all the finances were part of spending momey on her ! Bravo show is part of this tragedy ! Those two were not matching duo ,it was not love between them the show says at all ,he looks depressed and she was puting gasoline on the already fire ,I hope she is happy now ,but money is not commimg ,when suicide happens Insurance not paid! Karma is back to you my dear!

maria

Bravo Tv is going to be in trouble because this suicide, the show was the last straw in this man's life ....the show should be accountable for the consequences ......his lawyer is talking already about it! is the gold digger fault too!

dave

Admittedly I know little to nothing about "the Real Housewives" shows or the cir****tances surrounding this particular couple. The saddest thing is that a 5 yr old is now left w/o a father. Maybe Bravo will make a grown up decision and cancel the show.

Unforunately, maybe TV needs an incident like this to happen in order for the cable networks to realize that their reality shows, while primarily scripted as we all know, can create very serious extenuating issues for their participants. Kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. For one, I would love to see the endless cycle of these so-called reality shows finally begin to wane. The half-life of these shows has long past. The problem of course is that with all of these cable networks in existence there is a need to fill 24 hrs of programming daily, and this type of show is easier to create, produce, and get on the air. Its nice to have some big cable networks (FX, TNT, TBS, USA) who have yet to give in to airing reality shows. Not surprisingly, those are probably the 4 networks I enjoy watching the most.

an honest liberal

Real Housewives of.........take your pick has officially jumped the shark. I'm done with watching all the biotches and their fake pity party problems. Goldiggers!

Lulu

They're not doing this out of respect. They're doing this because they fear a lawsuit. When his ex alleged physical abuse, he stated filming this show had pushed him to the limit. I'm sure it's their way of trying to minimize any claim of liability. Taylor is BROKE. Even if there was a life insurance policy, they won't pay for suicide. They (Bravo) probably fear she (or his estate) will come after them for damages. Watch what happens...

me, myself and I

Just di$gu$ting!

Angie

BRAVO doesn't have any right to muzzle their employees. I wonder if Taylor is not allowed to talk as well - that's all kinds of wrong, as the is the cast member most impacted by this horrible tragedy. Does BRAVO's contracts really give them that much power?

This action should be the wife's call, not some television production company.

3Storms

Yeah don't talk to the public so they can save the "drama" for the TV show and cash in on it some more

cora-jane

very "Americanized" if that makes any sense?

MzCaliAttorney

"Let them eat cake".

Andrea

o.k. I'm going to do my part and be responsible and admit i try and watch all the housewife reality shows, i do it because no matter how much my life sucks, compared to what i see, it's not all that bad, i mean they really should call it the "un-reallity" shows,i mean who lives like that??With all they have they argue about the dumbest things and the "she said-she said" is almost funny but if it wasn't for people like me the shows would not be such a sucess and from what i read so far a good many people are watching it to, so beside me are they any other people that will take responsibility for making these shows such a sucess??
I was shocked and saddend to hear about the suicide, what an awfull thing for everybody concerned. I can't understand how people can be so callous to lay blame on anybody for that.

kp

They have no problem doing any thing as long as it makes a buck.

Slick

"REAL" housewives???? REAL would be let the tails be told not to edit out or get rid of the Taylor and Russell drama. It is what it is. These people signed up for the eye spy into their lives. The good, the bad and the ugly.

peoplearesilly

What business do they have telling people what they can and can't talk about? That in itself is appalling. So sick of this nonsense. Shame on you Bravo and shame on all networks that air this type of crap TV all for the almighty dollar. Oh, and shame on all of you who watch. I can honestly say I never have watched any of this crap, and I never will. Even no*****ching you have to hear about it day in and day out in the media. Turns my stomach.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments