'Real Housewives'

Russell Armstrong

Commits Suicide

8/16/2011 8:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Russell Armstrong Dead

Russell Armstrong
, the estranged husband of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong, was found dead of an apparent suicide ... sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Armstrong hanged himself. He was found hanging in his bedroom on Mulholland Drive.

We're told L.A. City Fire Department arrived at his home and pronounced him dead at 8:16 PM Monday. Sources say a roommate found Russell and called 911.

We're told authorities have not found a suicide note.

Taylor filed for divorce last month, after she claimed Russell physically abused her.  We're told authorities informed her of Russell's death last night.

He was 47 years old.

Story developing ...

update_bar
8:13 AM: Bravo and the cast of "Real Housewives" were unaware of Russell's death. Kyle Richards was distraught when she saw the TMZ post, and Lisa Vanderpump was speechless.

9:29 AM: A rep for Bravo tells TMZ, “All of us at Bravo are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Our sympathy and thoughts are with the Armstrong family at this difficult time."

9:35 AM: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... no drugs or alcohol were found in the bedroom where Russell died.  He was fully clothed when his body was discovered.

Russell Armstrong Death

0816_russell_twitter_memorial 0816_camille_grammer_memorial
0816_adrienne_maloof_memorial
0816_andy_choen_memorial

0816_russell_twitter_memorial 0816_camille_grammer_memorial
0816_adrienne_maloof_memorial
0816_andy_choen_memorial
0816_countess_memorial
0816_danielle_staub_memorial
0816_nene_leakes_memorial

Owens

RIP, SO Sad

BTW NIKKI< I’m sorry to report that you are wrong, Not TMZ. Pictures can be hung, but people are always hanged.

get real

What a Shame. A Young Handsome man.

meeeeeeee

ok why is everyone correcting grammer? besides all that, im shocked about this story! wow, how sad that people go thru stuff like this...so sad! but now all these people are gonna post negative comments and grammer corrections here too. how sad

Kristina

For one to hang themselves is such a tragedy. The depression must have been very deep & dark. :( To commit suicide is not the "Easy way out" It comes from an illness - Depression. Once you get sucked into a deep depression, it is hard to climb back out. It is NOT Taylors fault for filling the divorce papers - I hope she knows that. She didn't know he would commit suicide :(

Amanda

When a person hangs themselves or is hanged by someone else, it IS "hanged" not "hung." Also, you only need hyphens with ages when you're saying "He was a 47-year-old" not "He was 47 years old."
Just so you know...

cocoNdallas

I honestly always knew it was something about him! His behavior and eyes gave me a weird feeling about him. I feel sad for Taylor but it probably was a good thing that she separated from him because it might have been a murder-suicide.

Amy

The sad and disgusting thing is this will be a part of the whole Real Housewives show now and they will exploit this man's death for ratings. I never watched the Beverly Hills show and only caught only one or two episodes of the other Housewives show, so I do not know if this man really abused his wife, but maybe all the allegations about him in the media by her and other people on that show put him over the edge

i said lesbians...

can you blame him?!

Glynn

Reality TV destroys lives.

dani

I'm sorry, but these reality shows--and this one in particular for this--cause all sorts of hurt as they urge the participants on to greater heights in bad behavior for ratings. And the truth often falls by the wayside. It is a wonder there is not more collateral damage to those that the participants show such disregard to. I don't know if he was abusive or if he was the extent. But she made these allegations and then milked them for all they were worth. And now a little girl has no father and a legacy of bitterness and hate that she can read when she gets older by googling her parents.

3Storms

When you marry shallow gold-digging bitches like her, they literally do ruin your life.

cocoNdallas

Tricia

I had a passing thought when I read all the allegations made by Taylor, or whatever name she's going by at the moment, that something like this may happen. Now to actually see it is sad. I hope, in her attempt to gain public sympathy by putting her dirty laundry out in the media and essentially destroying someone's life, Taylor can live with herself. Hopefully she's learned that there are better ways of getting attention and fame and some things need to remain private.

Tricia

RealityBites

I feel sorry for their daughter, she's the one who will suffer from this.