Taylor Armstrong

Daughter Doesn't Know Yet

8/16/2011 11:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor Armstrong
"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong hasn't broken the news yet about Russell's suicide to her 5-year-old daughter Kennedy ... TMZ has learned.

Friends close to Taylor tell us, "She's not emotionally ready to do so just yet."

Taylor's attorney, Robert Thorne, tells us, "Taylor Armstrong is devastated by the tragic events that have unfolded. She requests privacy at this time so that she may comfort her young daughter."

The attorney adds, "Her thoughts and prayers are also with Russell's 11 and 13-year-old sons."

baby

IF YOUR WIFE WAS A FAME WHORE AND LIED ABOUT YOU TO EVERYONE THAT WOULD LISTEN I AM SURE IT WOULD TAKE ITS TOLL....TAYLOR SHOULD BE HAPPY NOW SHE GOT ALL HIS MONEY AND GOT RID OF HIM!

Amazed

It sounds as though his finances were in desperate condition. He was probably paying support for his first marriage and child, and his second child out of wedlock, on top of having to deal with a costly divorce and the embarrassment of Taylor's accusations, which will air on BRAVO TV soon. It was all too much for him. Very sad that he felt no better way to deal with it and left his kids without a father.

ed andrews

thats one ugly beast he probally didnt want anyone to know he was married to that buffarilla that freak is on tv

ketjo

I'm sorry for the poor man's family is mother and father ,his children who have to live withwout their father /son for the rest of their lives....I don't feel sorry for this woman.....she is a big part if not the actual straw that broke this mans sprite....yes is has to have some responiablity for his death but I can see that he must have reach that point of weakness when it all became to much.... She will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of her life and I hope she has enough soul left to realize it....

AG

I lost my husband in May (not to suicide) and telling my 11 year old and 8 year old kids was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. My heart goes out to her and her daugther.

una

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES.... Doesn't get much more real than this. Pass the popcorn... riveted

tg

Maybe she should've "respected" her own privacy and not publicly thrown Russell to the dogs. She admitted that she married for a lifestyle, and apparently when he couldn't keep up, she threw him under the proverbial bus. Poor Kennedy!

Scotty

OMG! Let's add yet another layer to the dysfunction here! Taylor- do you want another child to approach you daughter and tell her that her father is dead?

Will

That is the reason why I am so against marriage! Women will clean your bank account, take your home, the children and ask for child support! You men out there get a vasectomy and avoid at all cost getting married! I have seen it happen again and again. If you are a man family law is already written against you so be smart and follow my advise

That's Right

A life is gone! Children have lost their father and someone's son or brother has died and I'm shocked to read how some of the TMZ viewers are using a tragic event to spill their hatred, are you serious? Now I know the world has truly gone mad, where’s the compassion and sensitivity of those who life has forever been changed? I pray I will never become so harden.
You have my sincere condolences for the family and friends.

Dianne

Such cruel, negative comments. Regardless of what you think of his ex-wife, he left 2 older sons and a young daughter to deal with this for the rest of their lives. He looked tortured in the last episode I saw him on. Suicide is often the decision to end all indecision. It was for my father. . . and I'm still dealing with it. Have some compassion for him, please and don't be so heartless.

d. caron

wow, the comments I've read are terrible, obviously no one has empathy for this woman and her child. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors, regardless of what you think of either of these people, when you're married to someone and have a child with them, you are going to grieve the loss. Just because she filed for divorce doesn't mean she didn't once love him or care about him, we have no idea how he treated her or how she treated him. I've read that he has had 2 restraining orders filed against him from previous relationships so who knows for sure. I just think a little compassion is due Taylor and his children and family.

daverrr

comfort her young daughter from what? did she not just say she has not tolled her...from bh to pacific palisades, they all live these fake empty lives...goes to show you if you freeze your face you might just be freezing your life...

VigilantVixen

I met Russell July 15th, the Friday of the divorce filing. He stood in front of me as we both waited to meet with Bank of the West tellers in Beverly Hills. I remember thinking how healthy and normal he looked. I wondered how he was able to keep it so together. I realize now looks can be deceiving and I feel for the desperation and lonliness his depression observed.

Lila

I have never seen this show -- but she needs to tell young Kennedy NOW that her father is dead. No need to explain the details, but she needs to know Daddy is gone. Delaying the news, and worse - lying about where Daddy is (he's sick, he's on a trip) - only creates trust problems in addition to starting the inevitable grieving process.

I know how it is. My Mom was a suicide when I was six.