Estella Warren

Escapes Jail In Crazy DUI Case

8/19/2011 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-estella-warren-2-EX

"Planet of the Apes" actress Estella Warren just got the DEAL OF THE CENTURY -- she won't have to serve ANY jail time for allegedly driving drunk, crashing into 3 cars, attacking a cop and then escaping from police ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Warren had the night from hell back in May -- capped off when she slipped out of a pair of handcuffs at an LAPD station and tried to make a run for it.  She was recaptured ... and eventually charged with DUI, hit-and-run driving, battery on a cop and resisting arrest.

But today, Warren struck a deal with prosecutors, in which she agreed to plead to DUI ... and the remaining three charges against her were dropped.

Warren was sentenced to 60 months of summary probation and has been ordered to attend an alcohol program for 18 months. She will also have to fork over $1,908 in costs and penalties.

update_bar
5:06 PM: Warren tells TMZ, "I take my actions and their consequences very seriously. I can't express enough how grateful I am that no one was injured or hurt. Moving forward I am focusing all my efforts on my carrer, my family and being a good influence to others"

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

Jodi

Why am I not surprised!!! Estella should have used Lindsay's lawyer and ALL charges would be dropped, her record would be clean and the police and courts would be apologizing to her for taking up her time.

Leader of the ignorant masses

If being a celebrity means you can get breaks like this then they should be required to pay for all the money it costs taxpayers to arrest you and bring you to court. Why should we have to pay for all the time police and the courts waste if you are just going to get out of it anyways.

R

This is total effing bull**** that she doesn't suffer serious consequences. She needed jail time and to lose her license for a couple of years.

Pat

Unbelievable! More "superstar" treatment. I don't understand why the citizens of LA/California don't protest about the blatant special treatment.

Ray

what's the over/under her first probation violation??

Johnnyt

I dont't think that there is any such thing as a 18 month alcohol
program. More likely the judge ordered her to attend AA meetings
for 18 months as a term of her probation.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Firstly, if this young woman were of some ethnic or racial minority, or poor, she'd still be in the hospital recovering from the beating the cops would have laid on her. But she's a rich movie star so you know she gives the judge an autographed photo, and maybe a discreet exchange of cash or sex... Bitch is back on the street, driving drunk and causing mayhem ha ha ha.....

Scotty

Another arrogant Canadian...

efnsteve

Lol, only in la la land.

billy cema

Her words about taking the consequences for her actions won't carry as much weight as her actions. Because actions speak louder than words.
Whether she's from Anchorage, or Zimbabwe should be of no concern.

porsche911

WOW !!! Jalen Rose who got a DUI did 15 days and he donated a new SCHOOL to the city of detroit !!! This trailer trash did all that and no jail time? CRAZY!!! Must be NICE TO BE WHITE !!!

voiceofreason

I am soooo tired hearing about the hollywood folks that get away with a slap on the wrist. She will still get work. I have a reletive that did a petty theft after 3 years of doing a petty theft and he was given prison time. This is on his record and with the economy, he may not be able to find a job. I suggested that he should look into acting or rapping.

voiceofreason

Too bad she was not in Fullerton, CA. They would have tased her ass, beat her down and falsified the report. Someone would have videoed the outcome, then I might believe the report. The LAPD, wow what can I say? They serve and protect the rich, famous and themselves.

Terry

I see this as a bit much 5 years probation for dui 1. I would be interested in the true sentence that is if miss prettier than you screws up her 5 year probation what will be her punishment. In Tx you get either adjudicated probation which has a preset term of punishment 3-180 days for dui 1 or deferred adjudication probation which leave time open to the judge if you screw up.

Sloane