Ted Williams

I've Been Financially Raped

8/19/2011 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-ted-williams-1-EX
Ted Williams has filed a lawsuit that will make you cry.

Williams -- the homeless guy who became famous for his voice of thunder -- claims when he hit it big earlier this year, he couldn't handle the pressure and was plagued with "significant drug and alcohol abuse" and was "totally incapable of understanding what was happening to him or handling [his] own affairs."

Williams got hooked up with Zev Suissa, Randy Thomas and Joe Cipriano -- also known as the defendants.  According to the lawsuit, the trio took Williams for a ride, knowing he was suffering from severe substance abuse.

The suit claims Suissa, Thomas and Cipriano got Williams to sign a "one-sided, onerous, burdensome, non-negotiated and blatantly unfair" deal that gives them a huge chunk of any money Williams makes.

Williams now wants a judge to void the contract.

Short story ... sounds like he signed his life away.

terry j vey

Just shows ya dumb people will always be dumb!

Sandra

This guy had a chance at a better life and true to form he once again blew it!!

JMEOWW

That's a shame. I hope those 3 freaks rot in jail. How could you do that to this poor guy (no pun intended)?

unfrickinreal

Taking money from the homeless... Hope they die of cancer, karma is going to be a bitch for those 3 assfacks!

Anonymous527496

That sucks. He should have listened to Dr. Phil. SMH.

mike

I will pray for you .

Daniel

i think this man is a good man not a bad man and shouldnt have to sign things he doesnt want to sign

Orlando

How much is a "huge chunk"? What percentage are they taking from his income?.....and what are the detail of that contract?

J

Get a job... we all have to have one, quit crying

Lo From Wisco

I actually feel bad for him. He was a homeless addict who got thrown into fame overnight, basically. Mentally i don't think he could prepare for that.

Wids

So when did Dr Phil cut him loose? I thought McGraw was supposed to 'help' Ted get settled and not get taken advantage of.

SL

Give me a break..another case of "I got some money and I turned into a drug addict, now someone else should be responsible". This guy had NOTHING to begin with, got some noteriety and couldnt handle it and it someone elses fault? Only in America!

Kevin Nelson

Hey Ted
My Name is Kevin Nelson
I am the Homeless man who designed an amazing speaker.
Keep your head up and don't forget where you came from.
If you read this drop me an email at zealthaudio@aol.com
Maybe we could team up and do something for those still living in the streets.
I am still living in the streets in Phoenix and i am still working on getting the speakers to market.

Kevin

Denise Chamberlain

Joe Cipriano and Randy Thomas are two of the kindest and generous people in the Voice Over world. I don't know Zev, but if he is associated with Joe and Randy, he's ok by me. Ted Williams is a master manipulator who got sympathy with his "poor victim" behaviors. Good people in the voice acting community helped him, and what do they get in return? A lawsuit. The lawyers are seeing the downfall of Ted and are losing their feedbag. They are the ones who want the money; Ted will get little if there is a judgement.

ghfghfg

because you learn after you see the matter... unless your more cautious... which comes from a bad experience... which he doesnt really have in legal matters...