Demi Lovato

THE UNDERAGE BEER RUN

8/20/2011 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0921-media-removed-britney
Today is Demi Lovato's 19th birthday ... and she kicked off the celebration last night by hitting up a local grocery store for a case of beer with her presumably-over-21 friend.

Lovato went to rehab last year, but her people said it was not for drugs or alcohol related issues.

For her part, Lovato tweeted last night, "Birthday redbulls cause ... Duh. :)"

Bob

Now we all know the Hollyweird types don't have to follow the same rules as common people!

Ray

312 or linnies summer shandy please

stargazer

It really is ridiculous that you are making assumptions over this. It's obvious from the photo that the guy she is with is the person making the purchase, which means NOTHING. I've went to the store with friends before and they've purchased beer, doesn't mean I was drinking it, it just means I went to the store with them. How do you even know they were together? It could just be some guy she was talking to in line.

Cat

Actually if you watch the paparazzi video that was taken, the RED BULL was hers, not the beer! Geez.

ashley

You guys are making an assumption off of ONE picture. One picture taken from a set of many can make any situation look like something it's not.

Cat

Why do your homework before publishing something that could harm someones LIFE? Huh? Does it make you feel good? She didn't buy the beer, the dude beside her did (who then left). She wasn't even with him! Wow. The paparazzi video proves it! Geez. And people thinking they know everything just by ONE picture? Wow.

PG

So what. Did you see her drink any? I'm guessing not. TMZ is getting more pathetic by the day. No one want to associate with TNZ anymore, they always make something out of nothing just for a lame headline. Just proves, TMZ is a sinking ship.

sarah

if you look at the other pictures taken this night, you'll see that all she bought was redbull...trying to make these pictures look like she is buying beer is pathetic.

SOTIRED

watch this video and tell me she's buying beer?! she's clearly buying redbull in this video, what's wrong with u TMZ??! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hieEAzQAwl8&feature=youtu.be

sarah

ummm if you watched the video of when these pictures were taken, you would have seen that she only bought red bull...way to sell a false story...again.

JJJJ

Really people!! They are paying obviously! That cart in behind them, so it's probably not get her stuff....I mean grow up! Stop trying to toss these kids under the bus! Shame on you!

Lauren

if you watch the full paps video, she's not even with those guys. She's behind them in line buying a case of Redbull

Kaitlyn

WTF, IT WAS REDBULL! TRUTH = http://disneyinfonet.com/2011/08/20/video-of-demi-lovato-leaving-pinz-bowling-8192011-ddlovato/
Get yo shiz straight TMZ! That was just a lucky shot.

Amy

Seriously, even if he is buying her beer what's the big deal? If I would've had cameras following me around when I was 19 there would be TONS of pictures of my boyfriend buying beer, for the both of us, and me with him at the checkout. This does not mean she'll end up in rehab or whatever. I'm 25 now, finished college, working full time, and working on a master's degree....not trying to brag or say I'm doing something incredible but I'm far from a rehab patient or a junkie and I drank plenty at 19, and younger. Gasp!

Ace

It's light beer....so less alcohol...drink-up