Original 'Captain America'

PISSED HE'S NOT

In the New Movie

8/21/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-reb-brown-captain-america-EX
Reb Brown -- the guy who played Captain America in two TV movies in the 1970s -- feels the producers of this summer's remake violated an unspoken rule ... by not asking him to make a cameo in the new film.

Brown tells TMZ that at one pint ... the producers told his rep they were into the idea of having him make an appearance in the movie. But before he knew it ... he was reading about production getting underway in London without a single call coming his way.

What irks Brown the most is that Lou Ferrigno got to make a cameo in the 2003 terrible remake of "Hulk."

Brown says he'd love to be in the sequel (if there is one) and would take any role he could.

Marvel had no comment, but a source tells us this is the first they've heard of Brown's displeasure.

Jack

"Brown says he's love to be in the sequel.." - Editor Harvey, please.

Seems like a stretch for this guy to compare himself to Lou Ferrigno.

Jack

Quite a package, he should work for UPS.

Valerie

You guys need a proof reader or a grammar teacher. I have never seen so many misspelled words and incorrect grammar in my life and I am far from perfect when it comes to these things but come on guys!

Rage

gee, maybe his ATTITUDE had something to do with it?

BB in CA

Of course Reb Brown is right - they should have asked him to be in the movie. I'm sorry to hear producers/director did not do right by Mr. Brown.

Jo mamma

No one cares old dude!

Chris

They gave him a role as a PA (Production Assistant) but he never showed up on set. He thought it was for a movie role, but he was wrong.

You might work the craft services IF there is a sequel, but that's it old man.

TheRicker

Please. This must be a joke.

No one knows who this old coot is, nor do they know of any made-for-TV Captain American movies from the '70s. I doubt those crappy television shows ever even made it to DVD.

He can't actually be thinking that he deserves a cameo. I don't buy it...

jxtr

I never knew they made two Captain America movies back in the 70s. Also, I have never heard of this guy.

Brian

Since when are these movies remakes of old shows? They're just adaptations of the original comics.

Danny

I didn't see Adam West in Batman Begins or The Dark Knight.

Jonas Polsky

Ang Lee's 'Hulk' wasn't a remake, it's the original Hulk movie. Get your g-damned facts straight TMZ.

Cimarron

"... at one pint ... the producers ... were into the idea." I guess after six pints, they forgot all about him.

Does anyone proofread at TMZ?

afjioeqjioe

This guy is no Lou Ferrigno. I never heard of him before. It is so lame that he has to beg for a job. What a loser. The guy has not been in anything in over a decade who cares about what he wants. Not sure why the old stars need to make a cameo in every remake. I find it to be tacky and the appearances are usually lame anyway.

Hawk

The Captain America TV movies from the 70s were a joke, while the Incredible Hulk TV series was popular and to this day is a cult fave. Still it would have been funny to see Reb Brown in a cameo - for the few who actually remember him as Capatain America.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments