« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Wrestler Matt Hardy

MUG SHOT -- The Eyes Have It

8/22/2011 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0822_matt_hardy_ex_wm
TMZ has obtained the photo of wrestling superstar Matt Hardy ... taken moments after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in North Carolina this weekend.

As we first reported, Hardy was arrested after his Corvette smashed into a tree Saturday.

Hardy submitted to a blood test following the crash. The results are pending ... but judging by the photo ... he's totally F'd.

0311_celebrity_mug_shots_mel_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Big heat elf

Seriously, I am not in anyway applauding his decision to get behind the wheel in any altered condition. However, I have to defend him to some capacity. Anybody who has spent any amount of time in the wrestling business will tell you that self medicating is vastly more common than recreational usage by active workers. We kill ourselves night after night to bring the fans a good match. We work sick, hurt or exhausted. More times than not, this often requires medication which subsequently leads to addiction. I am not saying in anyway that Matt is indeed an addict. But please know that if this were the case, I am 100% certain it is stemming from many, many injuries and surgeries over the past 10-15 years...not otherwise. I wish Matt nothing but the best, and that he will come through all this like the champion that he is and always has been.

Cella

Thank you, Big Heat Elf. As somebody else who's been around the business I can attest to how hard these guys and girls work and how easily they hurt themselves and live with that pain every day. No way you work as hard for as long as a lot of these people have, bump the hell out of yourself almost daily and don't have pain in some form every day - bad pain.

MAllory

Face it Matt Hardy is a drunk thats why he cant keep a gf or a job

emcclain21

Is he goin down Jeff's path. I'm really shocked that this happened to Matt.

elisabeth

Meth Hardy!!

MyOpinionOnly

So sad. Him and his brother Jeff seem to just be throwing it all away lately over drugs and alcohol. Prayers go out to him to wake up and realize what harm he is doing to himself and others.

trooner41

LOL that's a scary looking pic

ian182

"i can smack a tornado"...Looks like a Tornado smacked HIM!!!

Sir Boo

I find him to be gorgeous and sexy in this photo. What is you people's problem?

Leader of the ignorant masses

Suspected? I have no training in law enforcement and i can tell he is ****faced.

facebook.com/anthonychobot

he looks like he has been in a bar fight

Bridgette

Looks like Wynona Judd and Mel Gibson had a baby.

mary helen cook of scotland

i think mat hardy and jeff hardy are finished with wwe and tna they are there own worst enamy they should have stady with wwe and get help but they dont seam to lison to anybody and now they have crinamail record now pepol looked up to them little kids loved them in wwe when they went to tna they went big headed and then told the fans they dont want them anymoor but if it was not for the fan they wont have the money and and travel the world and turnd there back on the wwe who made them world stars ladys loved them and kids wantd to be them now no one will who wants pepole who takes drugs and go to court and stuf to me the hardys are dun what a wast as they where once a good tag taem to and good singel wrestles to

denise

this is sad in a way but it brings memories to me. My son did the same thing drunk hit tree head on almost died on me christmas eve 4yrs ago. But the thing is they don't learn there leason from it. Is the sad thing weather they are a super star or just one of us. But with Matt he will get off with pretty much not my son thats the only difference.

big guy

matt said he will never die, looks like he's almost there along with jeff also

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments