Matt Damon

I'm NOT Running for President

8/23/2011 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082311_matt_damon_splash_still

Don't expect to see Matt Damon's name on the ballot in 2012 -- because despite Michael Moore's blessing ... Damon says he's got no plans to run for President of the United States.

How bout them apples?

roberg

Thank GOD! Stick to acting, your political views are your own and should remain there versus using them to sway voters b/c of your popularity!

MARY

omg,michael moore is the biggest idiot,let me guess who else he thinks would be a great president, could it be our current commander in chief?What a disaster he has been,Michael moore should stick to writing stories that have no factual base,and are complete lies.Thank God no one takes him seriously.

DHS

LOL as if Presidents aren't pre-selected anyway... "running for president"... that's a good one.

No comment

When a celebrity gets politically involved that is their business, but I don't appreciate being preached to about my choices. So it is my business to avoid their movies and other projects. I enjoy Sean Penn as an actor, but his political meddling keeps me from spending my money on his work. I really dislike the rich flying in private jets telling me to 'Go Green', or those who send their kids to private schools and then tell me public schools are great.

dadudedd

Michael Moore is only qualified to talk about running for Burger King.

b.mclane

OMG!!....he would be as lousy a President as he is an actor. Best parts are when he does not speak much like in the Bourne series. Other than that his movies are flops.

Bubbles The Chimp

Bubbles The Chimp For President!!!

... although I was not born Italy. Does it matter? lol

lorree

STD's:
I agree about not supporting those actors that try to ram their candidate down our throats, I would not give Matt Damon, George Clooney, etc a dime of my money, not after the way they went about getting Obama elected. I read where Damon's movies were just not making the money that he used to pull in......think about it Matty baby and maybe you will get out of politics!! He used to be one of my favorites, no more!

Jade

Thank God!

Slick

Here we go again. First off, who would want an endorsement from Michael Moore? He was already proven to be a liar and a fake. It's sad when you watch a so called do***entary, and then, it turns out to be a scripted reality show. Then you have Matt Damon, a man who can sound really intelligent for 2 or 3 sentences, then sounds like a complete idiot. A Harvard drop out who thinks teachers don't work for the money, but are altruistic humanitarians that would work for free if only they could help "the children". Who thinks teachers are payed low wages and work long hours, including summers. Please, we don't need more ultra liberal Hollywood types, who make more money than 99.9% of the population, telling us how to run a country. They have no idea about what life is like for the average US citizen.
Slick

Chris1791

Yeah Matt there are many many better choices than you as POTUS. Like someone who isn't so left progressive who wants to keep spending until the country collapses from the over spending.

mike

Thank god hes an idiot know it all.

jimmy

MATT YOUR AN IDIOT LIBERAL!!!! GO TO H*LL WITH MAXINE WATERS!!

Jackie

Great...Hope America open their eyes this time and vote for someone reasonable.

laurie

he can't even act and he can't even make sense talking. what a jerk

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments