David Arquette

Gets Ready to Rumba

On "Dancing with the Stars"

8/25/2011 10:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0825_david_dwts_EX
David Arquette will show what he's got on "Dancing with the Stars" ... sources close to the deal tell TMZ.

David showed up to the rehearsal studio a few minutes ago, to meet his partner for the first time.  We're told he's hooking up -- professionally, in a dancing sort of way -- with Kym Johnson.

The new season starts at the end of September.

0825_david_arquette_studio_sub

bob

Well, all I gotta say is at least he is a celebrity who has actually made movies and appeared on TV. That's certainly more than I can say about the Kardashian kid, Rob, who has also been mentioned as being on DWTS. What's his claim to fame, that one of his sisters became "famous" for being in sex tape...the one who just had that ridiculously expensive made-for-TV wedding? And don't get me started on why in the heck Bristol Palin qualified to be a contestant.

Jade

AWESOME!!

lisa

He's had a successful movie career. Why on earth would he be on this stupid show?

bagladey

This is not bad, I'll look at David on DWTS. David's a much better choice than the NOBODIES (whose names I can't remember) who were previously mentioned for this season.

billy cema

I'll definitely watch as long as he's still competing. I hope he's savvy, and will do whatever it takes to be a strong competitor; and that means much preliminary training.

spyke

Is there a single one of the Arquette family that isn't weird? Were their parents cousins or something?

nicole

I'd like to see Rosanne Barr on the show. I know it won't happen, but she is funny as he!!, atleast her new reality show is. David is a geek, but that's ok, I guess. I'm voting off rob kardashian as soon as possible, If I see pimp mom on the show, I'll blow up my tv...lol (totally kidding)....remember that dude who did that over Bristol. ha!

ME

Another reason for me passing on DWTS this coming season.

Mark

If that's true I feel sorry for Kym Johnson. She's so talented and sweet, but she gets hooked up with this loser? This has to be her worst partner to date. Seriously ABC? DWTS has 21+ Million viewers and you can't sign better celebrities? For a network owned by Disney you sure drag the bottom of the barrel by signing some questionable celebrities such as those who had been arrested, addicted to drugs, posed nude, made sex tapes, etc. Real wholesome show Mickey Mouse.

Bad Motherhugger

They got the wrong half of the former Arquette / Cox power couple. I'd like to watch Courteney work the dancefloor. That would be... relevant to my interests. She's a fine lady.

niles

They are really trolling the back alleys of Hollywood for an assortment of has-beens, never-weres, and losers for the new season. I can hardly wait.

Mark

If that's true I feel sorry for Kym Johnson. She's so talented and nice, but gets hooked up with this loser? This has got to be her worst partner to date. Seriously ABC... DWTS has 20+ Million viewers and you can't find better celebrities? For a network owned by Disney they sure seem to drag the bottom of the barrel when signing "celebrities." They always seem to find people who had been arrested, addicted to drugs, and/or posed nude, etc. Real wholesome show Mickey Mouse.

Mary

This season won't be worth watching.

Ronni

If I needed a reason not to watch this season, I just got it. I thought they were gonna use STARS this time.

Proper Modulation is Required

David is the best. Can't wait, will definitely watch now. You Rock David!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments