DMX

I'm Going to SUE

Over AZ Speeding Arrest

8/26/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0825_dmx_tmz_3EX
DMX
claims Arizona police had NO RIGHT hauling him into jail yesterday -- insisting there is NO POSSIBLE WAY he was driving more than 100 miles per hour ... and now he's ready to sue the cops!

X -- who was allegedly going 102 mph in a 65 zone -- tells TMZ, "I was going 85 miles per hour ... I know for a fact I didn't go more than 90."

X adds, "I'm used to driving fast, I'm a New Yorker ... but I constantly look at the speedometer when I'm driving ... I need to make sure I don't drive too fast."

The rapper says he knows he was technically speeding, but he feels the cops abused their authority by putting him behind bars ... even though his rap sheet takes longer to read than "War and Peace."

"I plan on suing ... and I plan on suing for harassment," DMX says ... adding, "I'm in discussions with multiple lawyers who are not afraid to go against the system in helping me clear my name because I have been harassed."

0825_dmx_mugshots_footer_v2

Glen

I live in Arizona and cops give you four miles over the speed limit before they hand out a ticket. White, black, red or yellow, that driver is going to get a ticket. Green is the only thing that matters to the state.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Yeah yeah. It's always someone else's fault. Prison's full of 'em.

milalex

He is toast! The Department of Public Safety, also known as DPS, is the state police out here. is very professional and will win any court battle. I wonder what he was thinking as he was only released from prison in Yuma last month. So now he has speeding more than 20mph over the linit, reckless driving, driving on a revoked/suspended license, and very likely parole violation to contend with. All are jailable offenses.

stonechops

a week ago, I was driving down LOOP 202 driving about 67 MPH. I saw a motorcycle cop on the side of the road. I moved into the middle lane as per state law. WIthin a few feet from him I saw him placing his Helmet on his head, just as I drove by, I glanced over and He had both hands on the left side of his face buckling the strap things on the helmet. He looked at me as I drove by. This all happened in less than thirty seconds.
I was 1/8 mile away and I saw him coming up behind me, turn on his lights and motion me to pull over.
He asked for my DL and Insurance. He went to his vehicle, came back with a laser gun and informed me as he was showing me a laser gun that I was going 73 MPH. I knew for a fact I was not going over 70 MPH in that 55 MPH zone AND he didn’t even have the laser gun in his hand at the time I drove by him!
but alas what do I do...I now have to take a 4 1/2 hour class to dismiss the case and not have any points on my DL and the MVD of arizona will not report the ticket to my insurance company. That’s $179.99 I’ll never see again.
If I even do still contest the ticket I will still be paying the court cost...it’s a no win situation

Gooniesneversaydie11

First off, he was pulled over a few miles from my house on AZ Highway 60 near Power Rd. in Mesa,AZ. Its 65mph. So even if you were going 85 you are still speeding! Everyone knows that you often will not get pulled over unless you are going atleast 11mph over the speedlimit ( this is what the highway speed cameras were set to ). My math is a bit foggy, but 85 is a little more than 11mph higher than 65mph. Also, he was driving on a suspended or revoked license. This is part of what got him the jail term that he just got released from. So even if you ignore speed, he was still driving illegally. It doesn't matter if they knew who was in the car. This guy needs to stop whining, grow a pair, and man up. For all the "tough guy" rapping he does, he sure whines like a little girl when he has to face real world responsibility.

ChunkyLightning

UGHHH WHAT??? So in the stop and go traffic of New York you drive that fast? Did anyone give him a sobriety test when he made these remarks?

az_barbie66

What a door knob. If he gets a lawyer it will only be because they want his money - not because they think they can wil the lawsuit.

Pam Decrito

UUMMMMM your license is suspended you dumb a**, and besides you are still SPEEDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, regardless if it was 100mph or 85mph, the limit is 65mph. Lawyer? can you even afford one? You look like you can't even afford a public defender! GET A LIFE!

Andrea C

Just two months ago we got a speeding ticket in AZ for going TWO - YES - T-W-O miles over the limit. The ticket was nearly $100... when left in the glove box and forgot about a week over due, add another $40 to THAT! CROOKS - sue the bastards dude! You go! :)

C

20+ over in the great state of AZ is criminal speeding and you're arrested on the spot. Sheriff Joe is no joke, he'll put anyone in pink shorts and lock them up.

Pua

Insipidly stupid dweeb.

me

Gawd! This man is a complete fool. I'm so tired of hearing about DMX. Get straight out of jail and then drive 85 w a suspended dl. Good going DMX thats real smart.

abram hernandez

Hey DMX! Haven't you learn you can't fight the corrupt legal system here in Phoenix? Look who the Sheriff is?

JBF

Go to 666mafia.com and look for link to buy this domain name today. Money is in the name.

Zell

He was speeding nonetheless... And since when do new yorkers drive fast? The streets are crowded with cars all the time. The guy already has a long enough rap sheet to make his argument less valid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments