'Little House on the Prairie' Star

I'm Ready to DIVORCE Now

8/25/2011 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0825_melissa_gilbert_bruce_boxleitner_getty_EX

Six months after they separated, "Little House on the Prairie" actress Melissa Gilbert has filed for divorce from actor Bruce Boxleitner ... TMZ has learned.

According to documents filed with L.A. County Superior Court, Gilbert blamed the split on irreconcilable differences ... and she's asking for joint legal and physical custody of their son Michael.

Melissa and Bruce married in 1995 ... but separated back in March. They have one child together ... and each have adult children from previous marriages.

0728_stars_whove_split_footer_v2

Katy

I never much liked Melissa Gilbert, from her days as a buck-toothed, pain in the butt Laura.

Jason

Looks Like lil Laura didnt find her "Manly" after all

Julie

Oh my goodness! What has she done to her face? She looks like Carrot Top. Must be using the same doctor and hair stylist as Carrot Top. Bruce looks so much better than she does and he's 12 years older than she is.

Zan

I'd want a divorce too if I was married to Carrot Top

Shelly

Never been a fan of Melissa Gilbert. She always comes across full of herself. He should have ditched her along time ago.

lisa

To all the heartless people who have posted these vile horrible posts on here,did you ever consider that youre trashing a very good person who has feelings just like the rest of us?After reading all of your viscious comments,I checked her Twitter to see if she's ok and she's not.She's read every word youve said and youve rocked her.So you feel better now and if so why?What did this woman ever do to you?I dont know Melissa personally but grew up wanting to be just like her and look like her.I read her book Prairie tales and she is one of the most real down to earth people out there in Hollywood,one of the few A-List actresses who is the real deal and is honest.Before posting,again, please consider that there is a real live human being involved here with thoughts and feelings just like the rest of us

Kelli

I think she looks beautiful and wish her all the best.

trish

I've never met her but I have been to a couple things Bruce has been at. He's always been very nice to me and my friends when we've spoken to him. I hope they both find happiness. I wish people would leave them alone. They have a teenage son who doesn't need to see hateful coments about his parents from people who have never met them. He has enough to deal with now. Also their older sons, from previous marriages, don't need any of this either.

suzanne

Little Laura looks more like a Witch.. How much Surgery has this woman had?? I would be guessing its Mr. Boxworthy that is enjoying his new found freedom from the Broom.. (literally) egads.. she use to be cute!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4