Pitbull Shocked By LiLo Lawsuit

I Was Trying to Keep Her Relevant

8/25/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Pitbull thinks Lindsay Lohan should be thanking him -- not suing him -- for including her name in his hit song, "Give Me Everything" ... claiming he thought the shout-out would HELP her career.

Pitbull went into serious mode during an interview for his official fansite -- wearing a suit and tie -- and said, "I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit ... at first I read it and I thought, 'This has got to be a joke.'"

As TMZ first reported, Lohan filed the suit last week -- claiming the rapper wrongfully used her name for commercial gain by using the lyric, "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in the song.

The rapper says he supports Lindsay's career -- adding, "In no way shape or form would I wanna bring that on anyone ... I didn't look to defamate [sic], degrade or hurt someone's career."

"For me mentioning it ... on the number one record in the world ... I thought it would be helping someone's career and keeping them relevant."

He concluded by inviting Lindsay to be his guest at the upcoming MTV VMAs. So far, no word if he's received a response.

Andrew

if this law suit suceeds, could open the door for a lot of other lawsuits to follow...like eminem using celebrities names real life situations for commercial gain

Andrew

bull****. Nice cover "pitbull" or whatever your real name is.
Players..you can tell when they are strait lying.

Lisa

Her career is down the drain!!! That's why she is suing you Bitbull, Get IT!!!! She NEEDS the money!!!!

ilovegossip

I think it's hilarious that Kim Kardashian had this played at her wedding, with Lindsay there. I would have loved to have seen the look on Lindsay's face while it played! LOL!!!

Rogue Warrior

This doesn't happen often, but for once I side with the H8rs on a point, Lindsay is doing herself more harm by creating a stir over this. This just adds to the rumblings from producers who say how difficult her team is to try and work with, AND THAT'S in negotiations!

Unfortunately, Lindsay's perspective on things is identical to her moms, which is to try and control everyone else but yourself. It's a learned behavior that can only be broken by RW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACTORIAL!

@Khao310

THE ACTUAL LYRIC IS THIS, "HUSTLERS MOVE IN SILENCE (not aside) SO IM TIPTOEING TO KEEP FLOWING I GOT IT LOCKED UP LIKE LINDSAY LOHAN" The bar isn't even that bad and if you know metaphors and slang he wasn't even referencing to her being locked up but he metaphorically said that he has the game locked up like the state had Lindsay locked up for crimes she actually committed. I see no defamation here, it's public information and fact, she was locked up for something she did do. If she wins this suit it would be a travesty. Lets break down the lyric fully so we all understand HUSTLERS MOVE IN SILENCE (As in they move with caution, they try to remain low key) SO IM TIPTOEING TO KEEP FLOWING (As in his music hustle he is tiptoeing to move in silence because he is hustling his music) I GOT IT LOCKED UP LIKE LINDSAY LOHAN ("It" refers to his lane in the music industry {his style of music} and yes he does have his lane locked down like the prison had Lindsay) Hope I don't get sued for breaking it down for this dumb broad.

eve from eden

Wow, cool response Pitbull. She is only relevant to fisherwomen. And her coke dealer. Im buying your music for every one I know. Thanks for making me laugh.

squeakermama

Sad truth is that there will come a time when she would love someone to put her name in a song.

Rogue Warrior

Check out Lindsays attorney on this case, http://lawofficestephanieovadia.com/, I'd so knock the dust off that!

Rogue Warrior

riginally published: March 8, 2011 7:51 PM
Updated: March 8, 2011 9:36 PM
By FRANK LOVECE. Special to Newsday

The Lohan family lawyer confirmed Tuesday that
Lindsay Lohan is considering a lawsuit against
the jewelry store that sold broadcast rights to
a surveillance video that the store owners allege
show her stealing a $2,500 necklace.
"We are investigating right now the possibility of
a lawsuit," East Meadow attorney Stephanie
Ovadia told Newsday, "on the grounds of
unauthorized exploitation of her likeness and her
image, unjust enrichment, invasion of privacy,
emotional distress and a couple of other things
that we're researching."

==========================================

No doubt in my mind Dilo is squarely behind this battle. LMAO, the Lohan family attorney! FYI, she doesn't get paid unless her clients win according to her site!!!!

richardwww

He should have kept his mouth shut. The fact he admitted he consciously used her name for a specific purpose (which is laughable) adds to Lindsays case. For whatever reason Lindsay is hunted 24/7, the pap pics of her are the most valuable. Gossip websites want to talk about her because it guarantee*****s. Like it or not, THATS what I call relevant.

This is all publicity for him and he is pathetic. Lindsay isn't suing him for defamation, shes suing him for using her full name without permission and gaining financially. By talking about this publicily he will gain even more finance. He has shot himself in the foot.

Rogue Warrior

"Any celebrity who walks into any establishment
by themselves or with their children or other
family members will always have to feel that
somebody's filming them to potentially sell it for
a profit," Dina Lohan, Lindsay Lohan's mother and
manager, told Newsday. "When they're not making
movies they shouldn't have to feel like they are."
==========================================

For the sake of Lindsay, Dilo needs to have her lips sewn shut! What an idiot she is...

Rita

Her family sues everyone when they need money instead of earning it. It'a a joke. How much did they get for the "milk-a-holic" comment from E Trade? Keep suing everyone that utters your name and your name will never be uttered again. Moma Dina just put another nail in Lindsay's coffin. Way to go Dina!

gloday1

Pitbull, the big hard guy with his hard guy rapper friends, many of them have criminal records, drugs, DUI's, shootings, assaults, drive by's and who does he diss in his rap song? a 25 year old woman with problems. Very brave Pitbull, very brave. I guess he was afraid to mention any of his rapper friends in case of an unwelcome night visit.

about 2 yrs ago

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE PITBULL! He does always try to help people with their career. He does not do "bash" type of songs. "nasty", ;), yes... ;) Love you Pitbull!!!! If anyone should not have to pay anything on this one it is Pitbull. "No good deed goes unpunished" and Lindsey is there to make sure of that. NOW, i think she is a bytch!!!! F U Lilo!!!