Pitbull Shocked By LiLo Lawsuit

I Was Trying to Keep Her Relevant

8/25/2011 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Pitbull thinks Lindsay Lohan should be thanking him -- not suing him -- for including her name in his hit song, "Give Me Everything" ... claiming he thought the shout-out would HELP her career.

Pitbull went into serious mode during an interview for his official fansite -- wearing a suit and tie -- and said, "I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit ... at first I read it and I thought, 'This has got to be a joke.'"

As TMZ first reported, Lohan filed the suit last week -- claiming the rapper wrongfully used her name for commercial gain by using the lyric, "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in the song.

The rapper says he supports Lindsay's career -- adding, "In no way shape or form would I wanna bring that on anyone ... I didn't look to defamate [sic], degrade or hurt someone's career."

"For me mentioning it ... on the number one record in the world ... I thought it would be helping someone's career and keeping them relevant."

He concluded by inviting Lindsay to be his guest at the upcoming MTV VMAs. So far, no word if he's received a response.

andyconda

at this point i hope he counter sues

MRyan

She's washed up and in need of money....

Francine

No good deed goes unpunished when you deal with a skanky, snotty Long Island b**ch.

WHY BOTHER? She's gonna be dead soon, anyway! Did you see her at the Kardashian financial prostitution party??

DA' FLASH

Yeah! "LILO" Is a Greedy No Talent Beaaaaaaach!!!

brandon

i actaully think the music indusrty needs more like him. look at the games hes been around longer.. but see how he speaks...

andyconda

"your honor i am sorry i could not do my community service, or court mandated therapy, due to the fact I was suing pitbull for using my name"...
Holly "gasp, swigs water and gasps for air"

OBXMAR

Isn't her name (and her crotch) pretty much in the Public Domain?

Jay

You know what they say: You cant help a junkie unless they want to be helped!

ticastic

I don't get it? How can it be "defamation" if its true? She was 'locked' up. It is also true that 'locked' up can mean she is holding down her own....

I smell LiLo needing some cashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jack-55d79

Here's the actual song:

It has got 112,104,945 views - let's be conservative and say 50% of those views were from fans. So this lawsuit has potentially alienated up to 50 million people already, assuming they've heard about it. I'm not a huge fan of his (I don't particularly dislike it, just rap-wise I like Zion I and Panacea presently), but suing a popular song strikes me as dumb all by itself (aside from the other blatant stupidities). It instantly makes this newsworthy and not just newsworthy but newsworthy in key demographics.

janet

Who isn't Lohan sueing for money. It's a compliment and you know it.

Martha Lopez

What i dont understand is this...she NEVER EVER takes responsibility for HER OWN ACTIONS (stealing, stalking, probation violation) and yet she blames Pit for traumatizing her - GIVE ME A BLEEPING BREAK! Sue your dad and mom then!! You idiotic, trouble making, unappreciative, unprofessional EFFIN BRAT!!!

And Pit PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TAKE HER TO ANY AWARDS CEREMONY! Why would you want to be affiliated with a NON-FACTOR!!!

tg

Unfortunately - he should have realized - Lindsay is a desperate person. She probably can use any proceeds she can get her hands on. Isn't she the one who stole a necklace? Yes, she is. She just wants to get paid.

bagladey

Lilo can't win this court case so why is Pitbull trying to make nice with that hasbeen loser? His guest at the VMAs?Why does he want to associate with her? Forget that loser.

Caleigh

Love me a Pitbull in a suit!!!